Clinical Informatics Specialist more... ▼
|Company:||City of Hope|
|First posted:||June 05, 2016 (last updated 3 weeks 3 days ago)|
Clinical Informatics Specialist
The Clinical Informatics Specialist acts as a liaison between the clinical departments and IT. Leveraging both clinical knowledge and informatics knowledge, the Clinical Informatics Specialist provides innovative solutions utilizing best practices, use of standards and develops design to create scalable and maintainable system solutions. The Clinical Informatics Specialist will lead multidisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals as well as operational leadership to evaluate current state and needs assessments and redesign to facilitate clinical, operational, and organizational objectives. Is responsible for designing future state workflow from a user perspective and delivering functional requirements. The Clinical Informatics Specialists is responsible to ensure that system design follows best practice design principles. Will coordinate and lead clinical content development and maintenance within clinical applications. Works closely with the build team to ensure product functional design matches system capabilities and architecture. The Clinical Informatics Specialists will provide support to providers and other clinicians directly in the inpatient and ambulatory settings and will be responsible for ensuring clinician comfort and adoption of the CIS system to drive towards clinical transformation initiative.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and implement processes and programs related to the clinical information systems and Electronic Health Record with minimal supervision.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary team - physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health care professionals to evaluate current state and develop future state design of applications by building consensus and using efficient decision-making processes.
- Recommends innovative ideas, processes, and/or procedures for enhancements, additions, and modifications to improve existing systems
- Facilitate teams and direct members for project planning and execution
- Responsible for project management activities of assigned projects related to the Electronic Medical Record seeing it the through the life cycle - planning, designing, development, testing, end user training, implementation support and adoption.
- Design the system that is user-friendly and that the User Interface layer presents content, format and navigation in a logical, useful and efficient manner for clinical use adhering to procedures and policies of the organization.
- Develop process flow charts for department workflows and create detailed program specifications and flowcharts.
- Function as a subject matter expert and liaison between clinicians, business owners and build team to design solutions
- Lead initiatives to optimize the system functionality and workflow processes
- Assess clinician enhancement requests, and champion the requests through the Governance Committees and change management processes
- Troubleshoot and work with the appropriate teams to develop resolution for issues that are identified
- Utilizes project management methodologies to help lead system-wide clinical teams in developing and implementing standardized care transformation processes
- Stay abreast of latest development in Medical Informatics, and communicate key innovations to the appropriate individuals or groups
- Ensure that design connects evidence-based medicine literature and guidelines and promotes evidence-based practice
- Maintain a process for periodic review of application content with updates to content as required by evidence and best practices and clinical requirements
- Ensure that design reduces unnecessary variation in care and care processes promoting standardization across the enterprise of COH
- Understand application requirements from clinical, quality, regulatory, and operational perspectives
- Create and implement change management plans through a predesigned framework and model gleaned from best practice
- Assist in developing and implementing organizational strategies to move the electronic clinical system toward an integrated computerized patient record
- Review and refine training content and communications to clinical end-users to ensure relevance and resonance
- Monitor and report on system implementation and track progress towards reaching goals and outcomes
- Learn industry trends and recommend improvements of application, training and adoption
- Responsible for facilitating and providing department specific training for providers
- Oversee continuous learning and facilitate end-user adoption and change management methodologies to ensure successful outcomes
- Participating in rounding and providing "at the elbow" support in real time
- Participate and provide input into the CIS strategic and project planning processes
- Position will require travel between various community clinics and its affiliates
- Position may require participating in meetings outside of normal business hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends
- Clinical Degree (RN, NP, PA, Pharm D) w/ 2-5 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of recent EHR experience
- 2-5 years with Clinical practice (RN, NP, PA, Pharm D) or 8+ years of EHR experience with Bachelors
- Masters preferred
- Clinical experience in an ambulatory clinic or inpatient setting.
- Experience in design/optimization or implementation of clinical systems.
- Experience with design of inpatient and ambulatory EHR modules
- Experience with design of structured documents and templates for physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability
See job description.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.