Sr. DevOps Software Engineer more... ▼
|First posted:||June 16, 2016 (last updated 30+ days ago)|
kCura is a global company with team members who are driven by our customers to build exceptional software for them to use every day. Our product called Relativity handles large volumes of data and helps corporations law firms and government agencies solve their own unique data problems.
The way we work together is centered on our core values of collaborating communicating pushing to exceed expectations (even our own) being humble and having fun while we do it. We enjoy ourselves give back and work (and play) hard together. If this sounds like the place for you check out the details of this position below.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for engineering a large distributed enterprise solution and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process.
The Sr Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Designing and implementing strategies to improve and automate our environment provisioning, setup and testing processes for both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Designing and maintaining highly distributed system in a public cloud with distributed storage (hot, warm (SAN), cold)
- Contributing to an Agile (Scrum), or Lean (Kanban), or hybrid team to solve the engineering challenges
- Producing high quality code fast
- Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- Having a broad awareness of related projects
The Sr Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others:
- Advocates and models coding and collaboration practices, reviews team code, and provides team members with feedback and suggestions for process improvement
- Collaborates with other dev teams regularly to establish an outbound and inbound pipeline of new (to kCura) best practices
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Oversees the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and recommend any potential technology or process improvements with an emphasis on cloud computing and configuration management platforms.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Encourages pair programming to communicate design knowledge throughout the scrum team
- Thinks out loud- talks about design thoughts all the time
- Provide development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
The Sr Engineer may be required to handle technical support calls after hours about two times a year. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the level I developer to assist to get the issue resolved.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Sr Software Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the interest of the overall team
- Understand the needs of our customers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or re l ated disciplines
- 7+ years of software development of commercial - grade systems and applicat i ons w i th a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- 5+ years of supporting customer facing web delivered software
- 3+ years of cloud experience
- Experience with no SQL databases (Mongo, elastic, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Software Eng i neering Discipl i ne , inc l uding hands-on knowledge of Azure provisioning and applications, Latest Prog r amming Languages , Object - Oriented Programm i ng , H i gh-Performance, Fault - tolerant Distr i buted Systems, Data Structures and Algorithms , Operating Systems , distributed DBMS and DB mode l ing and access languages
- Experienced knowledge of messaging (MQ) systems and development
- Excellent Knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market place
- Strong Problem Solv i ng skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills , ability to perform under the pressure and deliver technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and public speaking)
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best pract i ces
- Desire and drive to learn and keep up-to-date on technology. Ability to filter vaporware, fun to learn, from value add technology
- Knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodolog i es
Our software has more than 130000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers' toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you're ready to grow with us. we'd love to hear from you.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.