Principal Human Resources Information Systems Specialist (14629, Grade I) more... ▼
|Company:||The Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission|
|First posted:||October 17, 2016 (last updated 30+ days ago)|
Job Title: Principal Human Resources Information Systems Specialist (14629, Grade I)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $58,556.00 - $100,394.00 Annually
Job Type: Career Full-Time
Location: Riverdale, Maryland
Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is seeking a Principal Human Resources Information System Specialist to lead its Employee Records/HRIS Unit.
This position is responsible for leading, analyzing, providing expertise, and training staff on the Commission's Human Resources Information System (HRIS). This individual will have a significant role in developing solutions and advising management on important and controversial issues in the Unit. The work requires strong analytical and communication skills; ability to analyze and maintain confidential HR systems and knowledge of and expertise in HR laws and regulations.
Examples of Important Duties:
- Responsible for the integrity of the Human Resources Information System for the organization. Evaluates and recommends new procedures and updates existing processes for greater efficiency. Exercises judgment in interpreting Human Resources Policies affecting personnel action processing Commission-wide.
- Oversees technology projects ensuring quality, timeliness and proper use of HR information retrieved from systems; reviewing and prioritizing system maintenance; creating enhancement requests for HR modules; ensuring security of HR information through established security protocol; leading project teams for integrations, upgrades, and modifications; and participating in issue tracking and resolution formulation for the HR system.
- Serves as liaison between the operating departments and the Finance Department on HRIS matters. Develops and generates a variety of data reports. Develops procedures to ensure personnel actions are processed accurately and in a timely manner in compliance with appropriate security measures and Commission procedures. Conducts training for HRIS users as necessary and provides prompt customer service.
- Maintains official employee records in compliance with Commission policies and procedures. Responds to internal and external inquiries pertaining to employee information promptly and accurately. Assists in developing performance standards and monitoring performance of programs. Assists in developing plans, schedules, and work assignments. Assists manager with evaluating work of staff and provides input on ways to improve performance. Recommends and implements procedural changes to improve operations.
- Drafts correspondence and communications to the field on a variety of issues. Investigates complaints and works towards resolution. Communicates ideas clearly and concisely. Develops, updates and maintains technical manuals as needed.
- Responsible for the administration and all daily activities related to unemployment claims. This includes responding to state requests for information, processing quarterly unemployment benefit payments, and attending hearings as required.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree in human resources management or related field, and six years of experience performing HR work in assigned program(s); or
2. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Certifications in area of expertise are desired (i.e., Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS).
Supplemental Information: Expert knowledge of HR principles, practices, concepts, laws and regulations is required. Must be able to provide effective leadership; train and lead the work of assigned staff; apply HR principles and concepts to a variety of situations; compile, analyze and present logical conclusions; communicate effectively (orally and written); handle confidential information with discretion; organize and prioritize work; establish and maintain cooperative work relationships and provide good customer service.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Human Resources Information Systems
- Project Management experience
- Experience in HR workflow design
- Technical writing experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Certifications preferred include: PHR and/or SPHR.
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lawson HRIS
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or Information Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Crystal Reporting and MS Add-Ins
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.