Head of Marketing (AAM) more... ▼
|Location:||Cedar Rapids, IA|
|First posted:||November 29, 2016|
Investment Management Marketing
Job Description Summary
This position will be with AEGON Asset Management, the organization which oversees asset management for many of Transamerica's insurance and operating companies as well as third party clients. The global AEGON Asset Management organization has operations in Europe, the United States and Asia. Primary offices in the United States are located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Baltimore, Maryland. AEGON Asset Management and Transamerica are both part of the AEGON NV group of companies. The legal entities that comprise AEGON Asset Management US are AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC and AEGON USA Investment Management, LLC. AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC manages commercial real estate, commercial mortgage loans and other real estate related investments. AEGONUSA Investment Management, LLC, is a registered investment adviser that manages fixed income assets, including public bonds, private placements, derivatives and alternative investments.
The Head of Marketing is a key leadership role that is responsible for managing all marketing activities across multiple lines of businesses the U.S. This position will also lead the marketing team in collaboration with colleagues in the UK on many initiatives, which provide an opportunity to leverage global thought leadership and broader marketing messaging.
This position will work in close cooperation with members of the Distribution, Marketing, and Compliance to plan, design, execute and manage integrated marketing communications strategies, initiatives and programs. These efforts will measurably impact our targeted clients and align with the Company's business plan and organization.
The Head of Marketing will review competitive intelligence, flow and performance date to determine strategies and opportunities for the Distribution team to consider. Further, the role will include the review, positioning and updating of existing materials such as pitch books and strategy pieces as well as review and curate selected thought leadership appropriate for Distribution's audiences. In addition, he/she will facilitate the development and execution of advertising, sponsorships and PR/Media initiatives to build firm and brand recognition in identified target markets.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English
- At least 8+ years in a related field
- Strong investment knowledge and proven marketing communications experience with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Highly advanced/effective communications, both written and verbal, especially proficient in using multiple communication channels and presenting to various audiences
- Expertise in building internal relationships, trust, and a sense of confidence in the Marketing department.
- Experience in partnering with senior management to develop and execute clear, consistent and achievable strategic marketing plans tailored to insurance and/or investment markets
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Proven in-depth product, market and industry knowledge, and demonstrate this understanding in the creation and execution of marketing strategies
- Demonstrated track record of success in steering marketing initiatives, including: Management prospecting and servicing marketing materials (e.g. Sales presentation pitch books, product fact sheets, brochures) and oversight of ongoing production
- Understanding of the digital space and trends that can impact the growth of the Distribution business (web tactics, email programs, video, Brainshark and mobile)
- Demonstrated understanding of business-to-business marketing
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and presentation skills
- Familiarity working for large organization and being a part of a global team with resources positioned globally
- Skilled in functioning as a change agent leader within a fast paced environment.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skill and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate motivation and drive to deliver high quality marketing activities
- Must be able to work in a team based environment; both within Marketing as well as other parts of the organization
- Strong consultative skills, coupled with a desire to meet client needs and exceed expectations
- Management of compliance oversight and coordination to ensure all materials adhere to established policies, procedures and control mechanisms in place for audit purposes
- Be flexible in managing multiple programs and projects while working in a constantly changing environment
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams as well as the ability work with independent initiative to effectively promote marketing efforts
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and address issues independently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Insurance Series licenses preferred
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind... to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.