Sr. Manager of Operations (Legal Department) more... ▼
|Company:||Tufts Health Plan|
|First posted:||December 09, 2016 (last updated 30+ days ago)|
Reporting to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, the Sr. Manager, Legal Department Operations is responsible for managing all non-lawyer functions and non-lawyer staff of the Legal Department. Assume responsibility for complex projects and department undertakings for both the legal and fraud prevention and recovery functions. Assist with preparation of budget and all other department financial reporting.
* Oversee, plan, organize, and prioritize work of benefit document technical writing team, paralegals, governance, administrative work and special projects to ensure timely completion
* Primarily responsible for evaluating and executing any department information system, document management, record and data management and organizational needs, and making strategic decisions to ensure future needs of the department will be met.
* Responsible to ensure appropriate supervision, training, and hiring of all non-lawyer staff for the Legal Department
* Manage diversified all non-lawyer staff in legal department, including but not limited to Manager of Benefit Document Technical Writing team, Governance Manager, paralegals and Supervisor of legal department administration.
* Budget preparation
o Prepare, maintain and monitor the Legal Department and Fraud Prevention & Recovery Unit budgets
o Responsible for approval of travel expenses and arrangements
o Responsible for approval of seminar expenses
o Ensures that all expenditures are in the best interests of the organization
* Manage Legal Department space planning with Facilities
* Oversee and coordinate acquisition and maintenance of complex legal research and reference materials
* Provide strategic direction for current and future state support of legal department operations, record and document management.
* Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience (Minimum education & experience level required):
* Bachelor Degree
* 7+ years of business management experience
* Law firm, in house legal or Tufts Health Plan business experience preferred
Skill requirements (include complexity of position and specify whether the job regularly requires independent judgment and discretion):
* Excellent people and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Professional demeanor
* Ability to communicate effectively and influence outcomes and behaviors
* Ability to interact with internal and external customers
* Prior experience working in a corporate legal environment preferred
* Must be a team player
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* This is a complex position, which requires the candidate be able to handle multitude of demands and oversee a multitude of projects at one time and work effectively with all areas of the company to satisfy internal business needs.
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
* Normal office conditions
* Professional environment
* Teamwork environment
* Demanding, fast-paced office
* Extra hours required on occasion
OFCCP Statement [OFCCP]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.