Senior Recruitment Supervisor (Senior Human Resources Administrator) more... ▼
|First posted:||December 21, 2016|
AC Transit looking for a talented leader to oversee our Staffing/Recruitment team
Come check us out!
AC Transit, the third largest bus agency in California, is actively recruiting for a Senior Recruitment Supervisor to manage the recruitment efforts of the District. Under general direction of the Human Resources Manager, this position directs the activities in Recruitment and Staffing unit within the Human Resources Department. The incumbent in this position conducts internal and external recruitments, and supervises recruiting and support staff. AC Transit is looking for a dynamic leader who can mentor, guide and mold the recruitment team into a best in class staffing organization. This is an excellent opportunity to work on amazing capital projects, make a difference in the community and shape the future of recruitment. Not only do we have a focus on work life balance, AC Transit is centrally located in Downtown Oakland two blocks from BART and close to several freeway on/off ramps. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit offers a stable environment and an excellent benefits package including pension, low cost medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement, a 457 savings plan and best of all FREE bus rides!
Take a look at our latest initiatives and website at: http://www.actransit.org/2016/08/26/ac-transit-announces-the-groundbreak...
Example of Duties
- Oversees the activities of the Recruitment and Staffing unit; delegates and monitors the work of assigned staff.
- Develops, mentors and reviews performance of staff. Provides feedback, identifies areas for improvements and leads weekly meetings to build/maintain team morale.
- Works cross functionally with District departments to maintain successful recruitment practices.
- Ensures recruitment/staffing compliance within the department and District wide.
- Manages and implements recruitment metrics and strategies, including time and cost to fill and quality of hire.
- Create and monitor manager/customer recruitment satisfaction survey.
- Organizes recruitment efforts, including resume searches, strategic planning and placement of advertising and promotional announcements, development of examination plans, and writing of job announcements and application materials.
- Creates and facilitates presentations to team and senior level management on recruitment efforts, best practices and industry intelligence.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and goals for the Recruitment unit, to ensure compliance with applicable District standards and legal requirements; as well as effective collaboration with staff in all District departments, and collective bargaining units.
- May conduct some senior and high level recruitments by screening applicants for minimum qualifications based on applications, supplemental questionnaires, and other required documentation.
- Administers employment selection tests, trains evaluators and interview panels, reviews scoring, and explains tests and examination results and procedures to applicants.
- Establishes and maintains confidential files and records, and handles recruitment file management
- Administers and monitors test security and the secure storage of testing materials and other confidential documents.
- Investigates matters of concern to District staff, applicants, and the public in regard to staffing issues; and recommends appropriate remedial measures.
- Contributes to the preparation of budgets for the HR Department and the Staffing unit. Monitors expenditures to maintain adherence to established budget.
- Participates in the activities of the unit at all functional levels, as needed; and may temporarily perform the duties of a subordinate when necessary.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Training and Development, Public Administration, or a related field, from an accredited college or university.
Experience : Equivalent to at least six (6) years of recent, verifiable, and increasingly responsible Analyst level experience in a Recruitment/Human Resources Department, including at least two (2) years of supervisory experience. Post-graduate education will be considered as a substitute for one or two years of the required experience.
Physical Requirements : Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment. Some assignments in this classification require physical mobility in order to travel expeditiously to various locations and facilities within the District.
- Strong experience in recruiting/human resources and supervising employees
- Previous experience working in public sector/union environment is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate a history of successful recruitment leadership
- Ability to present and communicate in a professional and articulate manner
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED POSITION
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on a ranked Eligibility List. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical, dental, orthodontic, vision, and prescription insurance coverage for employees and qualified dependents; plus regular pension with a five (5) year vesting. Depending on length of service, up to six (6) weeks of vacation and up to twelve (12) days of sick leave per year. Holidays: eleven (11) per year. Free transportation on AC Transit system. Group Life Insurance.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.