Computer Operations Technician II (Day Shift) Job more... ▼
|Company:||First Citizens Bank|
|First posted:||December 22, 2016|
Computer Operations Technician II (Day Shift)
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 27537
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 4 years
Days and Hours: 1st Shift
Physical Address: 100 East Tryon Road, Raleigh, NC 27603
Department Name: Information Technology
First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
As a Computer Operations Technician II, you will be in a cross functional role working within the Command Center to provide 1st level support and response of various monitored events and other operational support activities. This position monitor and operate the mainframe, ATMs, network, and open systems to ensure the online network, operations and batch production schedules are met 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The role supports the incident management process, per ITIL framework best practices, with the resolution and/or escalation of incidents to second level support and/or management as appropriate.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Monitoring ATM network to ensure escalation of ATM problems to the appropriate vendors and to assure maximum availability to bank customers.
- Open systems monitoring console to ensure key banking applications and infrastructure are available to the banks customers.
- Monitoring network related outages and incidents.
- Reporting issues to the appropriate vendors to assure maximum availability to the banks customers.
- Daily computer operations using scheduling systems, productivity tools, and associated commands to ensure timely completion of time sensitive operations; correcting batch production work as it fails or comes to unsatisfactory conclusion.
- Monitoring server room for environmental temperature, humidity, and power controls.
- Other additional first level support for all operations approved monitoring.
This is a day shift position. The shift hours are 7:30 am to 7:30 pm on a rotating schedule.
Associate degree in Information Science, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years computer operator experience.
- Possess general knowledge of data processing & computer operations.
- Possess strong problem solving skills to resolve moderately complex problems under stressful situations.
- Basic knowledge of IBM Mainframe, ATMs or Open Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Office Products and Windows XP or Version 7.
- Written and verbal communications skills.
- Availability to work rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays to support 7/24/365 business operations on an as needed basis.
- Experience using MVS Operating Systems, TSO, JES.
- Knowledge of automated job scheduling (i.e. UC4, Zeke).
- Knowledge of financial industries.
- Knowledge of ITIL-based service management.
- Knowledge of Job Control Language.
- Knowledge of Open Systems troubleshooting (i.e. Windows, Linux, Unix).
- Knowledge of ATMs.
- Knowledge of network administration (i.e. network pings, tracerouting).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.