Contract Specialist- Legal more... ▼
|First posted:||December 27, 2016|
Contract Specialist- Legal Department: LEGAL
Location: Washington DC, DC
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute has campuses in Aspen, Colorado, and on the Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also maintains offices in New York City and has an international network of partners.
The Contract Specialist is a Part-Time Position that will support the Institute's legal department and work directly with the Assistant General Counsel. The legal department is responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to the Institute's programs and administration, managing the contract review process, assisting with the development of policies and procedures, developing relevant training sessions on applicable legal issues and managing legal risk to the Institute. The Contract Specialist will focus primarily on processing and reviewing Institute contracts and legal agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, amendments, renewals and terminations
- Process and/or coordinate processing of contract related documentation such as modifications, task/delivery orders, letters, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of a variety of contracts including: consultant agreements, contract for services, MOUs, etc.
- Process contract/subcontract modifications/extensions
- Ensure all relevant contract matters adhere to corporate policies and guidelines
- Draft, review and update contract templates
- Provide assistance, research and general contract and administrative support to Aspen's Legal team
- Provide oversight and resolve contractual issues to reduce legal risk and meet program need
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience in contracting or related position
- Experience in contract drafting, subcontract/subgrant administration, consulting agreements, and other corporate legal documents
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the contracting field in the nonprofit sector
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Federal grants experience; familiarity with Uniform Administrative Requirements
- J.D. degree
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiating, and issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
- Prior non-profit experience preferred
All interested applicants must submit a brief cover letter, including salary expectations/requirements, and resume.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.