Graphics Specialist - HI more... ▼
|First posted:||December 28, 2016|
Under the general direction of the Graphics Director, the Graphics Specialist will be responsible for the overall operations of the graphics department including the design of art and copy layouts for material such as menus, table tents and various other forms of point-of-sale material by performing the following duties. Supports sales departments in providing client-centered materials for the promotion of supplier brands.
- Conceptualizes and creates content for point-of-sale products that meet the requirements of various clients.
- Uses aesthetics and design principals to create designs that exhibit an effective level of communication
- Exercises independent judgment and creativity to ensure designs are appropriate for each project
- Conforms design to product and brand guidelines
- Provides support for our sales force and supplier objectives
- Produces proofs for approval and prepares files for print, ensuring copy, design and color accuracy
- Performs quality assurance reviews own work and if needed the work of other designers
- Analyze the production needs and produce a professional sample for review and approval by the Graphics Director.
- Ensure that production of point-of-sale products meet the required deadlines by prioritizing projects efficiently.
- Maintain communication with internal and external clients to ensure that the final production meets their requirements.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of material, product or service.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts.
- Draw sample of finished layout and presents sample to Manager for approval.
- Prepare notes and instructions for reproductive services workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Review final layout and suggests improvements as needed.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material according to instructions of client or supervisor.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Photograph layouts to make layout prints for supervisor or client.
- Develop negatives and prints to produce layout photographs for client or supervisor.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- A Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited four year college or university.
- Professional portfolio and samples of work for review are required.
- Experience working in design teams within an office environment.
- Two to four years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry is preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment and graphics programs.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
- Proven abilities to develop selling and promotion strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales within an account.
- Proven track record of writing successful persuasive copy.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
Keywords: Youngs Market
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.