Accredo - Onsite Telephonic Nurse LPN - Orlando, FL more... ▼
|First posted:||December 30, 2016|
Job ID: REQ20005584
The primary purpose of this position is to provide telephonic education to patients and caregivers following the Clinical Protocols and working within the nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Perform Clinical Assessment and provide disease and drug-specific education to the patient and caregiver. The Clinician is responsible for documenting the assessment and any clinical intervention according to the Clinical program and nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Collect clinical data as determined by the Clinical Programs and nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Report Adverse Drug Events that have been experienced by the patient in accordance with the FDA and Pharmaceutical requirements.
- When clinically necessary, contact the patient's treating physician to inform him/her of any previously unreported new disease state specific symptom(s), medication adherence issues and any other health related matters that were identified on the Clinical Assessment.
- Assist the Clinical Department with new hire training and mentoring to ensure adherence to processes and procedures.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent; Licensed Practical Nursing program (LPN) certification required
- 3 years of hands-on nursing experience, direct patient care service and Specialty Pharmacy experience
- Active, unrestricted Nursing license in the state of employment
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of Neurology /Multiple sclerosis, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Asthma, Oncology, or Pediatrics.
- Good phone etiquette and previous telephonic clinician work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to improve quality and service.
- Good interpersonal, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, detail orientation and the ability to adapt in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
A leading provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for patients through behavioral and clinical expertise.
Accredo offers a broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also provides comprehensive patient management services, including clinical care management programs, counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and reimbursement services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.