Gas Records Coordinator (clerical) more... ▼
|First posted:||January 04, 2017 (last updated 2 days 19 hours ago)|
Looking to power up your career? If the answer is yes, we invite you to explore Alliant Energy!
Alliant Energy has a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an Gas Records Coordinator (clerical) in Ames, IA location.
This role will:
- Provide the necessary support to ensure the company is in compliance with gas operations. This includes responsibility for the accurate data entry of various operations related gas records into the GIMMS record system, coordinating appropriate gas compliance communications both internally and externally, and helping to ensure deadlines are met
- Performs basic administrative and functional activities, such as keyboarding, scheduling, maintaining files, and correspondence, associated with an office in support of field operations and handling confidential matters with discretion.
- An Associate's degree (with emphasis in word processing, clerical support, administrative support or related area, OR, if no degree, two years of this relevant experience
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Demonstrated basis to intermediate proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent salary and benefits
- A dynamic work environment, that provides challenging work assignments that are critical to the company's success
Working for Alliant Energy provides benefits that carry beyond the end of the workday. We are a part of the communities we serve, a privilege and responsibility we take very seriously. We are proud to be a Midwest energy company that provides electric and natural gas services to our customers and communities through Wisconsin and Iowa.
Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
- Supports the consistent operations of the office based on company policy and procedure guidelines. Handles routine information requests, gives and takes messages for supervisor and office employees, maintains office supplies, opens and distributes mail, serves as a contact point and resource for office employees, and processes confidential information and documents.
- Responsible and accountable for the timely and accurate entry of gas records such as leak records, sewer forms, caution notices, odorant reads into the GIMMS record system. Tracks and communicates deadlines related to gas compliance requirements.
- Updates gas crisis plans, coordinating notification letters to customers regarding compliance issues, and liaison letters to public officials.
- Tracks, maintains and monitors operations files, contracts and documentation in compliance with regulatory requirements and assist with required audit and data requests as directed.
- Develops and/or maintains basic computer applications, including documents, forms, spreadsheets, charts, graphics, and presentations. Researches, compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables.
- Corresponds with and maintains positive and effective relationships with internal personnel, outside agencies, customers, vendors, and other organizations.
- Transcribes routine meeting notes and handwritten information, and proofs documents.
- Provides routine information and assistance to employees relating to human resource information (i.e., benefits, employee orientation, bargaining unit agreements, service awards). May be responsible for human resource information system activities, including the review and entry of timesheets, payroll, and data correction and other personnel forms. May handle personnel, medical and statistical information, which may be used for grievances, arbitrations, contract negotiations, and/or employee and labor compliance related matters.
- Coordinates multiple activities within an operations group such as business travel arrangements, internal and external meetings, and assisting with arrangements related to training.
- Assists supervisor and office employees to achieve company financial goals by scrutinizing expenditures for errors and/or identifying avenues to reduce expenses. May process invoices, vouchers, requisitions, and expense reports for supervisor and office employees.
- May be required to work outside regular work schedule on occasion.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a two year degree from an accredited college or university, with emphasis in word processing, clerical support, administrative support or related area and one year of related experience; in the absence of a degree two years of related experience is required.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of compliance or regulatory recordkeeping preferred.
- Basic knowledge of utility operations, safety, and energy industry terminology preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively meet deadlines with quality work completion.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and coordinate information from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software
- (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint preferred. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat (PDF) software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to type at a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Basic proficiency in grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading.
- Ability to handle confidential matters discreetly.
- Ability to carry out duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
*Note: For positions located within company territory that supply natural gas to customers, this job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Parts 40 and 199), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.
*Note: All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online application .
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.