Occupational Health Nursing Supervisor more... ▼
|First posted:||January 05, 2017|
This position is regionally based (Charlotte, Oconee, McGuire and Catawba Nuclear Stations, and Roxboro Fossil Generation Plant) and will assist business units in maintaining compliance with current, new or changing medical protocols, health regulations, and consensus standards.
The position provides leadership and supervision of the work activities and performance of site nurses and administrative specialists engaged in providing health services, including the scheduling and performance of employee medical physicals, the input of employee medical data into medical data applications, and the providing of pre-emptive injury management services. Duties include supervision and leadership of employees, strategic direction & goal alignment, planning, budgeting, performance management, integration, customer service and human resource issues. This position will need to establish collaborative and effective working relationships with Site Management in supported business units in order to develop and implement solutions that drive continuous improvement and compliance excellence across supported functions. Occupational Health programs will be managed in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. This position will also manage contract resources to support outages and other work as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and supervise the work activities and performance of site nurses and administrative specialists engaged in providing health services, including the scheduling and performance of employee medical physicals, the input of employee medical data into medical data applications, and the providing of pre-emptive injury management services. Supervise assigned group, including strategic planning, budgeting, performance management, employee development and human resource issues. Develop processes, policy and related guidance; establish strategies, goals and performance expectations through collaboration within the department and with customers and stakeholders
- Build effective relationships with management. Interface with internal customers, internal and external stakeholders, and others as appropriate for the position to ensure that the functions assigned to the group are provided and delivered as expected and in a cost-effective manner. Ensure strategic alignment of the Occupational Health/Medical Services function with other groups in the company
- Work with departmental H&S leadership to develop common strategy and direction for the assigned group, and achieve desired results. Provide leadership to identify, evaluate and focus on consistent Occupational Health/Medical Services approaches and strategies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and to identify and manage Occupational Health/Medical risks
- Manage contract resources to support outages and other work as needed
- Bachelor's degree - (Area of specialization: nursing, occupational health) and 7 or more years of prior work related experience in addition to a degree OR 10 or more years' nursing experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse
- Knowledge of applicable NRC/OSHA/ANSI regulations
- Experience in leadership, and supervising
- Ability to analyze data and develop appropriate strategic responses
- Understands inter-departmental relationships and processes.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for own actions while modeling company values
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others from diverse backgrounds to achieve common goals
- Consistently delivers superior results while improving products, services and processes
- Performs at the highest level to deliver value to customers and other stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (e.g., influencing and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully complete each of them within specified timeframes
- Excellent problem solving skills
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.