Senior Engineering Tech Associate (clerical) more... ▼
|Location:||Cedar Rapids, IA|
|First posted:||January 06, 2017 (last updated 2 days 19 hours ago)|
Looking to power up your career? If the answer is yes, we invite you to explore Alliant Energy!
Alliant Energy has a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an Senior Engineering Technical Associate (clerical) in Cedar Rapids, IA location.
This role will:
- Provide technical and administrative support to multiple engineering and field operation departments
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and files
- Prepare requests for project materials
- Process purchase order payments and associated records
- Provide support to department personnel, including daily office activities, security and computer requests, business travel preparation, and information requests
- Provide support of department work scheduling and incident assignment
- An Associate's degree (with emphasis in word processing, clerical support, administrative support or related area) AND five years of relevant experience, OR, if no degree, seven years of this relevant experience
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent salary and benefits
- A dynamic work environment, that provides challenging work assignments that are critical to the company's success
Working for Alliant Energy provides benefits that carry beyond the end of the workday. We are a part of the communities we serve, a privilege and responsibility we take very seriously. We are proud to be a Midwest energy company that provides electric and natural gas services to our customers and communities through Wisconsin and Iowa.
Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
- Prepares project authorizations, work orders, requisitions, retirement forms, letters, and memos associated with engineering projects. Maintains contract files, and logs and tracks approvals of contracts. Maintains, distributes, and files documentation for engineering projects.
- Enters requests for quotes and material requisitions for direct order material for projects designed by engineering staff. Assists with the preparation of project design packages. Maintains inventory records of specialty spare parts and equipment.
- Processes payments against purchase orders and maintains associated records. Processes material requests and follows up with sourcing and supply chain personnel to ensure timely delivery.
- Identifies, reconciles, and maintains department records (e.g. travel records, credit card accounts, safety, training). Reviews and enters payroll time sheets and maintains related employee information (e.g. sick leave, vacation balances).
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and performs calculations for budget information. Performs research for budget variance reports. Reconciles company cash working funds.
- Prepares periodic reports and special analytical reports, including charts and graphs.
- Performs administrative office functions, such as mail distribution, maintaining of office equipment, and ordering office supplies.
- Provides administrative support for department personnel, including entering security requests, move requests, computer/software requests, business travel preparation, and computer training to less experienced users. Provides input in the direction and assessment of temporary administrative staff.
- Answers and places internal and external telephone calls, asking and answering questions on various subjects. Gives and takes messages as requested. Handles routine information requests.
- Provides department web site development and maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a two year degree from an accredited college or university and five years of technical and/or professional experience; in the absence of a degree seven years of related experience is required.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Working knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
*Note: For positions located within company territory that supply natural gas to customers, this job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Parts 40 and 199), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.
*Note: All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online application .
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.