LPN / Outpatient - Pulmonary Medicine / Bay Shore more... ▼
|Location:||Bay Shore, NY|
|First posted:||January 10, 2017|
LPN with experience in Phlebotomy, or Phlebotomy Certificate Strongly Preferred.
Performs various aspects of patient care within assigned patient care unit under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Administers general nursing care to ambulatory patients in an assigned area under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Participates with the Primary Nurse and Nursing Care Coordinator in planning and coordinating patient care.
- Follows the direction and guidance of the Primary Nurse in implementing the nursing process.
- Reports and records results of nursing care and makes all significant information known immediately to Primary Nurse and/or Nursing Care Coordinator.
- Performs treatments and procedures as assigned by a Registered Nurse.
- Establishes good interpersonal relations with patients, families, and hospital personnel.
- Must have knowledge of usual dosages, side effects, and reactions to medications patients are receiving, and is able to administer oral, subcutaneous, and intramuscular medications, except for experimental drugs.
- May administer narcotics orally or intramuscularly except on pediatrics, newborn nursery, and premature nursery.
- LPN with experience in Phlebotomy, or Phlebotomy Certificate Strongly Preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.