Diversity Recruiting Specialist- Human Resources more... ▼
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Company:||Federal Reserve Bank of New York|
|First posted:||January 10, 2017 (last updated 6 days 5 hours ago)|
Primary Location: NY-New York City
Full-time / Part-time: Full-time
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Type: Experienced
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Overview: Talent Acquisition - Diversity Recruiting Specialist
Human Resources serves as a strategic business partner to Federal Reserve Bank of New York leaders, managers and employees, helping them to optimize the relationship between the organization and its people. In doing so, Human Resources looks to deliver innovative and integrated HR programs; attract to the Bank the most skilled, capable and diverse talent; foster an inclusive environment within the Bank that embraces diversity of people, thought and perspective; and demonstrate leadership and vision within the Federal Reserve System.
The Talent Acquisition Department is responsible for managing the Bank's recruitment activities which includes professional recruiting, undergraduate and graduate recruitment efforts, summer employment programs, the employee referral program, and the internal job posting program. This includes marketing the Bank's unique opportunities through various sourcing and networking avenues, overseeing the policies, processes and systems to support the Bank's recruitment initiative, fostering relationships outside and within the organization, and generating meaningful HR metrics.
The Diversity Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for working closely with the Recruiters as a resource to build competitive advantage through unique and innovating sourcing strategies. The diversity focused sourcing strategy will enhance the Bank's employer brand & improve the current talent selection process. Working closely with the Talent Acquisition team, the Diversity Recruiting Specialist will leverage both traditional and non-traditional recruitment sources, including digital and social media channels. In addition, the individual will work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and execute sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting needs as well as pipeline for future needs.
- Partner with Recruiters for specific sourcing assignments, meet with Hiring Managers to understand the role, work climate, contributions and challenges of the job to determine what constitutes a highly qualified candidate; and reach agreement on the skills candidates will be screened against
- Support the Bank's recruitment efforts by focusing on passive candidates to produce a diverse slate of pre-qualified candidates including sourcing, screening/interviewing and referring qualified candidates to recruiters
- Source candidates leveraging a variety of tools including online networking, databases, and social media
- Develop recruitment outreach strategies to identify and develop external candidate sources, including diversity sources. This includes participation in external events, career fairs, conferences and hosting in-house events.
- Create a process to leverage the networks of Bank employees and networks to drive diverse referrals
- Serve as a resource to Recruiters and Hiring Managers in understanding the external recruiting environment, external candidate pool and candidate perceptions
- Stay up-to-date on new sourcing tools, best practices, and how the talent acquisition team can best utilize these recruiting/networking tools
- Provide complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position, reinforcing the values and culture of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Utilize a contact database to track contacts and prospects in the pre-candidate stage to ensure a pipeline of potential candidates for employment and to facilitate reporting on sourcing activity
- Produce analytics to determine productivity on various sources and strategies
- A minimum of seven years of direct recruiting or sourcing experience, financial industry experience a plus
- Demonstrated passion and ability to successfully identify, qualify, and engage diverse candidates at all skill levels
- Proven ability to source and recruit candidates from non-traditional sources, as well as strong e-recruitment searching skills
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to synthesize information and make data based decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to drive healthy discussions around complex issues, persuade others to move in a desired direction and strong active listening skills
- Advanced customer service, consulting, and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish rapport, building strong relationships and work in a team environment
- Successfully demonstrated project management skills with ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated technical skills including Microsoft Office (Lotus Notes, Excel, and PowerPoint) and relevant business automation software including Taleo
- Approximately 10% travel required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business or Human Resources related discipline
We recommend including a cover letter, along with your resume, to highlight your experience as it relates to the position requirements.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.