Legal Counsel (Government Contracting) more... ▼
|First posted:||January 11, 2017|
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information:
The Legal Counsel will primarily support Stryker's U.S. federal contracting activity and works in close partnership with the Director, Government Contracting, Government Account personnel, and sales and legal personnel across Stryker's U.S. selling divisions on a broad range of contracting opportunities including through the VA FSS, VA National Standardization and Prime Vendor Program Agreements, the DoD ECAT and DAPA, and federal sales through resellers. Providing strategic legal guidance to the Stryker Government Contracts Office and Stryker U.S. Government Account Teams and personnel across Stryker's U.S. selling divisions, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for monitoring and, when appropriate and in alignment with key internal stakeholders, influencing changing regulatory requirements and for developing and implementing guidance, policies, and legal strategies to assure the success and compliance of U.S. selling divisions with federal contracting requirements. The Legal Counsel will develop and cultivate external relationships with industry and government partners that are strategic to growing Stryker's federal business in a compliant manner. S/he will be a proactive and results-oriented strategic thought partner and trusted advisor, responsible for delivering practical, business-sensitive solutions, supporting management and leading cross-functional teams on discrete, departmental initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 8 years applicable professional experience in federal contracting in law firm or corporate legal department setting with demonstrated expertise in the Federal Acquisition Regulations, the Anti-Deficiency Act, the Competition in Contracting Act, government ethics rules, and bid protest jurisprudence; Prior professional experience considered; medical device, pharmaceutical, life sciences experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, professional demeanor and business acumen with proven record of navigating within the intersection between complex legal and business issues.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with colleagues in a global organization, with ability to quickly gain trust and confidence of colleagues, stakeholders, and management.
- Embraces and supports change in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates ability to lead, inspire, educate and empower others.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Possesses strong analytical and drafting skills.
- Experience providing timely and strategic legal advice in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and accountability
- Provides guidance and direction to others and demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex legal principles clearly and concisely.
- Has a general understanding of business financials and reporting.
- Has the ability to allocate resources effectively and, where relevant, general understanding of the budgeting process, expense and headcount management.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is able to manage numerous projects and conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of corporate organization.
- Possesses strong presentation, facilitation, networking and influencing skills.
- Experienced in supporting and leading solicitation reviews, complex proposal submissions, negotiations of diverse agreements and contracts, development and implementation of comprehensive compliance programs, and supporting internal reviews, audits, and investigations.
- Demonstrates an ability to efficiently and effectively work with outside counsel.
- Maintains confidential and other sensitive proprietary information.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn Stryker-specific systems.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.