Diversity and Inclusion Manager more... ▼
|Location:||Basking Ridge, NJ|
|First posted:||January 11, 2017|
You will be responsible for leading Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) in support of Verizon’s diversity and inclusion strategy. You will need to have a good understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion concepts and practices and should have experience with leading established employee resource groups (ERGs) that align with and drive strategic business imperatives. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategy to lead and grow ERGs, which will include but not limited to membership growth, internal and external branding and collaborating with key stakeholders globally. You will lead development of strategic and supportive communications related to ERG initiatives globally and will also be responsible for benchmarking best practices within industry, nationally, and globally, conducting value-add analysis and metrics for tracking progress and process improvements. Working across multiple functions and groups, the manager will also stay informed of best practices, benchmarks, competitors—and be responsible for developing relevant approaches that are aligned with our purpose, principles and values.
You will also support D&I learning and development programs which will include logistics management, content reviews, vendor assessments, benchmarking etc. and be a strategic thought leader, advancing the diversity & inclusion framework and strategic goals, and working as a catalyst to cultivate a more diverse workforce and inclusive work environment.
- Build and manage relationships with all ERG leaders and key stakeholders.
- Align ERG goals and initiatives to overall company strategy and implement an integrated strategy
- Partner with various stakeholders to increase ERG awareness
- Manage various aspects of ERG operations, event logistics, communications etc.
- Measure programs and impact for ROI
- Manage leadership development and training program logistics
- Manage key stakeholder relationships and contract negotiations (including staffing companies, venue & operations teams, A/V, décor, entertainment, etc.) and event budgets.
- Support special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Five or more years of experience in global D&I and leading Employee Resource groups.
- Demonstrated Project management experience working with cross-functional teams, SMEs, and stakeholders.
- Experience with management/leadership development programs.
- Experience working with vendors to deliver ROI and results for the business.
- Strong Microsoft office computer skills; including strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time and work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and influence and manage both within and across teams.
- Excellent judgment and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through and meet deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Proactive and creative with outstanding written communication skills, problem solving, decision making and analytical abilities.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.