Orchestration Software Engineer more... ▼
The Orchestration Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Orchestration platforms that provides automation for Verizon Cloud Platform Edge Environment Tenants. The Engineer will lead multiple onboarding efforts to gather infrastructure requirements from the individual application teams and then consolidate these requirements into a single strategy for this implementation and management of this Orchestration infrastructure. Through both creativity and deep system expertise, they will resolve conflicts between individual application requirements, enabling the deployment of a common, repeatable, and maintainable environment. The Orchestration Software Engineer will represent needs and concerns of the wireless network engineering and operations teams in technical discussions with product vendors. The Engineer will work independently, coordinating feedback from multiple groups both inside and outside of NNO, and will exercise considerable judgment to define and evolve this environment. Based on NNO/Territory needs and vendor roadmaps, the Engineer will need to develop and document a strategy for the deployment of future Orchestration versions while maintaining an active and functional environment. They will support onboarding with VNF Tenant Operations teams and incorporate feedback as needed to ensure that engineering and operational concerns are adequately addressed in the strategy. The Engineer will need to support the technical strategy for Orchestration for various Virtual Network Functions in a multi-tenant environment. They will be responsible for supporting data modeling language used to model configuration and state data manipulated by the NETCONF protocol. The Engineer will also own, operate, upgrade and maintain a centralized Management and Orchestration system.
- A Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent technical experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise in VZW’s planning, engineering, and operational processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in NFV tools, technologies, abilities and constraints.
- Demonstrated expertise in the call flows and architectures of VZW’s major systems, including EPC, IMS, VoLTE, SurePay, and DNS.
- Demonstrated expertise in VZW transport architecture, performance characteristics, and a deep understanding of how these characteristics will manifest themselves in different areas of system performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and evaluation of micro services and service oriented architectures.
- Demonstrated expertise in software implementation issues, including data structures and algorithms, and a deep understanding of how different implementation choices will affect the performance of a bare metal application ported into an NFV environment. A demonstrated understanding of the impacts of system decomposition and abstraction on overall system performance is also required.
- Demonstrated expertise in OpenStack architecture and associated implementation issues.
- Demonstrated expertise in the available performance optimization mechanisms available for KVM and Docker environments, DPDK and SR-IOV for example.
- Demonstrated expertise in the architecture, implementation, and management of cloud orchestration solutions.
- A proven ability to anticipate both the technical and organizational needs of VZW’s engineering and operational teams and the ability to develop solutions to address these needs in a high pressure environment.
- A proven ability to work productively across multiple organizations with different levels of technical expertise and to drive consensus on tangible and executable organizational and system plans
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.