Pharmacist Per Diem (Southside Hospital) more... ▼
|Location:||Bay Shore, NY|
|First posted:||January 19, 2017|
The Pharmacist holds a fundamental role in all prescription and medicinal related functions. In this role, you will be responsible for compounding and dispensing medicine and preparations as requested. You will also assist in purchasing supplies, preparing reports, maintaining records and other related duties as well as furnishing information concerning medications to physicians and nurses Responsibilities Include: 1. Dispensing
- Fills and labels prescriptions for inpatients, outpatients and personnel.
- Supervises dispensing of ward stock drugs for nursing stations and other departments.
- Replenishes drugs stocked in emergency stat tray.
- Dispenses ward stock control drugs and maintains inventory records.
- Makes periodic checks of drugs stored at nursing stations and in other departments.
- Performs extemporaneous prescription compounding.
- Performs bulk compounding of stock products used in hospital.
- Maintains basic drug stocks used in compounding.
- Packages and labels compounding supplies.
- Maintains manufacturing records and controls.
3. Supervision and Manufacture of Sterile Solutions
- Maintains equipment, basic chemicals and utensils used in production.
- Manufactures and dispenses ophthalmic solutions; sterile surgical solutions, local and topical sterile small volume injectable solutions, and sterile large volume parenteral solutions.
- Supervises containers and closure stock.
- Supervises cleansing and sterilization of glassware, containers and equipment.
- Supervises labeling, manufacturing records and control records
- Dilutes antibiotics and sterile products prescriptions.
- Operates special equipment used in manufacturing of solutions.
- Supervises work of pharmacy intern and technician.
- Assists with purchasing of supplies.
- Maintains complete records as required by department.
- Furnishes information concerning medications to physicians and nurses.
- May instruct student nurses in courses in materia medica and pharmacology.
5. Performs related duties, as required. Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy, required.
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in hospital pharmacy.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.