DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES more... ▼
|Company:||Compass Group USA|
|First posted:||February 03, 2017|
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Compass Group
A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one - to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business - from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services.
In 1997, Thompson Hospitality formed a strategic alliance with Compass Group. Thompson Hospitality's mission is to provide a positive experience to every relationship in which we are involved: one Guest, one Client, one Team Member at a time.
The Director of Human Resources for Thompson Hospitality is based in Reston, VA and is responsible for employment, employee relations, management training and development, HRIS and overall employee communications. Provides management oversight and direction in all Human Resource functions. Must demonstrate sound business judgment, innovation in approaching business challenges and the ability to translate a strategic plan into operating results. The successful candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards; a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus; a well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player; an intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills; a decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations as they relate to the human resources function.
- Develops partnerships with the business leadership team, integrating the company's strategic direction and HR objectives. In particular, develops the organization capabilities that will underpin the company's strategies.
- Develops organization and human resources strategies by identifying and researching human resources best practices; proactively contributing information, analysis, and recommendation to organization with plans for implementation; focuses on methods for increasing engagement.
- Acts as point of contact for internal client departments to resolve problems as well as in-house consultant, providing expertise regarding matters affecting human resources functional activities; listens actively to concerns and probes appropriately for resolution balancing needs of the business with those of people; ensures that employees receive appropriate follow up and follow through.
- Develops, implements and leads management or other human resources related training programs to ensure the organization is compliant on all employment laws and up-to-date on management techniques; institutionalizes positive human resources procedures and policies, thus assisting in the prevention of litigation or costly labor relations issues.
- Strategic thinker who sets priorities and goals, builds operating pathways to achieve objectives and works in a "roll up your sleeves" environment.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention and has ownership for proactively reporting on HR and business metrics associated with each area.
- Manages human resources administrative functions including an HR Information System, personnel files, and other personnel actions and administrative responsibilities of the HR function.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders, including senior leaders, across a fast-growing business; represents department to internal/external stakeholders on matters affecting the department.
- Keeps apprised of developments in fields of expertise to ensure currency and makes recommendations to senior management to improve efficiency/effectiveness of human resource functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Estimated amount of travel: 15%.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Adobe Reader are required, as well as ADP payroll software.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of:
- Ten (10) years of progressive Human Resources experience with at least six (6) years in a leadership capacity with a private business.
- Eight (8) years in employee relations experience with a private business.
- Experience evaluating, implementing and managing an HRIS program, with two (2) years managing a system.
- Four (4) years of experience managing an HR training team/program in services business;
- Developed and/or managed a workforce plan/process.
- Demonstrates consistent adherence to Standards of Conduct and ethical standards in relating to services business.
- Union experience is highly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate and influence with diverse audiences including senior leaders.
- High tolerance for change and ambiguity.
- Positive attitude and the ability to handle highly confidential information with maturity and diplomacy.
- Strong customer service skills.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Sunday, January 29, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.