Facilities Electrical Engineer more... ▼
|Company:||Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.|
|First posted:||February 07, 2017|
Position: Facilities Electrical Engineer
Location: Novi, MI
Job Id: 105
# of Openings: 1
Facilities Electrical Engineer Location: Novi
Primary Responsibilities FTCH has an immediate full-time opening for an electrical engineer to support a Southeast Michigan client in the facility engineering department on multi-discipline projects. The electrical engineer's role entails being a coordinator on a number of facility projects within the client's headquarters facility in Novi, MI. This individual will become involved immediately upon a client (ie, department or customer) request for change. The electrical engineer will visit the client, understand the needs, create a scope of work, assist in creating a construction cost estimate, create project request documentation for client's management staff, and coordinate the documentation needed to construct the project. At this point, a hand-off meeting will occur between the electrical engineer and construction team for clarification and communication. The electrical engineer will stay involved through completion of the installation. Essential Functions
Scope Development Phase:
- Attend all meetings with the client during scope development.
- Collect and organize questions from client and facility engineering staff.
- Collaborate and provide direction to in-house design professionals.
- Assist in the preparation of the preliminary project schedule.
- Create a bill of materials and construction cost estimate(s) for project approval.
- Prepare electrical drawings and specifications as required.
- Facilitate design review meetings with the client.
- Collaborate and provide direction to internal design professionals.
- Document and monitor open issues.
- Complete required documentation to process work.
- Track projects and update as required.
- Help establish design schedule to complement construction.
- Answer questions from the construction trades.
- Provide follow-up as required to see a project through completion.
Minimum Physical Requirements Will have normal office working conditions and be required to use a computer. Must be able to use technical equipment for communication and documentation. Must be able to access project sites for observation, investigation, and evaluation. Must possess visual acuity to fulfill responsibilities. Project locations could include heightened noise level, air quality issues, and working near moving parts. Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Desired Education Bachelor's Degree Desired Degree Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Desired Job Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 2 years of facility engineering experience or similar.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Team oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with various individuals, professionals, and construction trades.
- Familiar with work done by construction trades including Electrical, Mechanical, Pipe Fitter, Millwright, and Carpenter.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- High level of self confidence and accountability.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to follow health and safety rules.
- Computer aided design and drafting (CADD) design experience is a plus, Microstation or AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code and building codes is a plus.
- Ability to estimate design fees and construction costs.
- Ability to monitor and maintain schedules.
FTCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Status.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.