Retail Area Sales Manager more... ▼
|First posted:||February 09, 2017|
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
The Retail Area Sales Manager position is responsible for the direction and management of sales managers of outside sales loan originators who are selling EverBank lending products and services to prospective clients both with existing EverBank relationships and new self-sourced clients. The manager is responsible for ensuring the team achieves sales and profit goals and maintains compliance with Federal, State, Investor and Company guidelines and policies.
- Identify, plan, organize, and implement outside sales programs and strategies to deliver sales objectives
- Evaluate and implement appropriate new sales techniques to increase the team's sales volume. Coach outside sales team to optimize production opportunity. Manage sales activity for consistent results within EverBank production standards. Review and coach outside sales activities with Clients and with Referral Sources.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. Coach outside sales team to ensure optimum client experience resulting in cross-sold relationships and additional referrals.
- Identify and develop new business sources within the market. Build team strategy for capturing business from potential referral sources. Work with Marketing as needed to ensure the EverBank brand is well represented. Participate in business development activities throughout market.
- Recruit loan originators for outside sales team. Identify candidates well suited to represent EverBank with potential to grow our market share. Train, develop and mentor new hires to increase productivity. Responsible for on-boarding experience for new hires.
- Work with bank partners in and across other business lines to achieve corporate goals and objectives while maintaining a client first partnership
- Work closely with operations team to ensure a high level of customer service. Help coordinate responsibilities between outside sales team and operations team to ensure the best outcome for the client while maximizing sales potential.
- Perform daily management of the outside sales loan originators assigned to Sales Managers
- Manage the selling of loan products to customers and make sure outside sales loan originators follow-up until loan is closed
- Ensure loans are offered and made according to investor guidelines for sale to the investor
- Ensure each prospective client receives a high level of customer service and follow through
- Manage Sales Managers through oversight, supervision, and training
- Review and monitor team's records of related outside sales activities for timely completion, consistency and accuracy and respond to any sales log inquiries from the Quality Control team
- Monitor and analyze financials, product penetration, opportunity and market share capture. Manage expense controls, draw management, pricing exceptions, pricing, and commission/override reports. Work with ROCs, ROMs, quality control units, and other support units to enhance production and quality control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong sales techniques with realtors, builders, and 3rd party referral sources
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to communicate at senior levels regarding team performance and client experience
- Must be able to manage staff, lead department initiatives and work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of mortgage origination process is a must
- Knowledge of selling techniques and strategies is a must
- Solid working knowledge of retail mortgage loan pricing
- Strong working knowledge of managing revenues and expenses for P&L of sales team
- Strong selling skills are necessary, with the ability to convert prospects to customers
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and sales goals
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be able to make decisive and accurate decisions
- Must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities without sacrificing profitability
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and the internet effectively
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years experience as a loan originator of conforming, FHA/VA, and non-conforming loan products
- Three (3) years of current retail sales management experience with minimum of 10 years experience managing sales in the mortgage industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will have been instrumental in the management of a high volume outside mortgage sales supporting both conforming and non-conforming loan products
- History of recruiting and managing strong mortgage performers within a bank owned mortgage company/operations is important to success
- Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.
Location: FL - Sarasota
Activation Date: Thursday, February 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 1, 2017
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.