PROJECT MANAGER - STRATEGIC PROJECTS more... ▼
|Company:||Compass Group USA|
|First posted:||February 24, 2017|
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Compass Group
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states.
Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group, the world's leading contract foodservice company, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth here at its North America headquarters in Charlotte, NC as a Project Manager.
This Project Manager position, reporting into Strategic Projects, offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure leading impactful enterprise wide business initiatives in a fortune 500 company. Each project is carefully selected to achieve a significant return for the company and adds value to the growth of the Compass Group. A successful candidate will own the complete life cycle of key projects and drive necessary change throughout.
Projects include business mergers, enterprise wide process change, large scale solution delivery and operation support to strategic accounts. Alongside the Project Manager role, each candidate will have an opportunity to participate in a business rotation program. This program will allow the project manager to build a skillset and network of resources and gain wider exposure and knowledge across corporate departments and business sectors setting them up for future growth in the organization.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with all stakeholders, including senior executives, sponsors, business owners and field operations
- Document and analyze information and processes to solve critical business issues
- Build and manage (directly and indirectly) teams to meet the resource needs required of each project
- Create and execute end-to-end project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Proactively communicate project details across all levels of the organization and across multiple departments in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate project activities between team members, while maximizing their productivity to achieve project goals
- Build internal and external business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Identify, assess and minimize risks throughout the project life cycle
- Create and maintain all project documentation pertinent to the project, including but not limited to, status reports, work plans, presentations
- Understand team dynamics and adapt project management methodology as needed to ensure project success
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for change; identify flaws in logic or assumption errors
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assist in developing project management best practices
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate degrees preferred - MBA/ CPA /MSOD
- PMP and/or Lean Sigma certifications preferred
- 5 years experience managing large, complex enterprise projects, particularly those involving a medium to significant degree of change across the organization
- "Big 4" consulting experience preferred
- Proven ability to define and execute change strategies
- Proven ability to influence and manage external resources in a highly matrix' d environment
- Proven ability address competing priorities within a single project with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proven business analytical capabilities to solve complex business issues
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, Project and Visio programs
- Travel as needed (less than 25%)
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte
Activation Date: Friday, February 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 25, 2017
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.