Legal Secretary, CareConnect more... ▼
1. Performs word processing activities to create confidential, legal documents (i.e. contracts, b real estate leases, IRB matters, managed care contracts, etc.)
2. Assists in the preparation of guardianship papers, litigation papers for employee disputes and Board of Trustee materials
3. Communicates priorities to members of the Legal Affairs department in order to foster the smooth and responsive operation of department.
4. Sorts, opens and logs incoming mail. Notifies in-house counsel of all issues requiring immediate action. Makes copies, collates, and distributes information, as appropriate. Handles complex and confidential material on a regular basis.
5. Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, and conference calls for in-house counsel. Advises counsel of changes, as needed.
6. Maintains department files and records in accordance with established procedures and develops new procedures, as necessary.
7. Greets and receives visitors. Answers telephone calls, takes messages, and exercises initiative in directing and assisting callers.
8. Prepares monthly expense reports for in-house counsel.
9. Maintains supply inventory and prepares purchase requisitions and stationery orders for approval and transmission.
10. Designs, maintains and updates various departmental spreadsheets and databases.
11. Prepares and distributes meeting notices involving Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and Nominating Committee members.
12. Transcribes tape and meeting minutes for the Board of Trustees, the Executive Committee, and Nominating Committee.
13. Maintains department's legal expense spreadsheet, which is used as a basis for the preparation of financial reports.
14. Seeks appropriate approvals and processes legal invoices and bills for payment.
15. Performs related duties, as required.
* Bachelor's degree, preferred.
* Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years previous legal secretarial experience, required.
* Working knowledge of PC applications (word processing), required.
* Strong organizational skills, required.
* Ability to communicate effectively.