Human Resources Manager, Workers' Compensation & Leave Management more... ▼
|First posted:||March 01, 2017|
AC Transit has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Manager, specializing in Worker's Compensation and Leave Management. Under general direction, this position plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the activities of the Workers Compensation, Leave Management and Drug and Alcohol Compliance functions within the Human Resources Department. This position reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources. This is an excellent opportunity to work in Human Resources at one of the largest bus agencies in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Manages the Worker's Compensation program, including claims administration, settlement negotiations, investigations and loss control strategies.
- Manages and ensures coordination of the leave of absence programs, including FMLA, sick leave, short-term and long-term disability and the reasonable accommodation and return to work programs to ensure timely and compliant case management and handling of all programs.
- Manages the drug and alcohol compliance program to ensure compliance with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements.
- Manages the selection, supervision, training, motivation, evaluation and discipline of assigned staff and ensures the development of staff skills and competencies; documents, tracks and schedules the ongoing training of assigned staff to ensure that they are able to maintain proficiency with evolving requirements; ensures the provision of a high performing team.
- Establishes and implements strategic goals, objectives and budget for assigned units
- Develops, maintains and updates all program policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements personnel rules and regulations, and interprets and administers human resources related provisions of collective bargaining agreements.
- Interprets and communicates laws and regulations to ensure the agency is aware of its legal responsibilities; ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for Office of Self-Insurance Plans (OSIP) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) reporting.
- Establishes and tracks performance metrics and promotes a high level of customer service.
- Manages all vendor contracts with third party administrators and ensures quality of services rendered.
- Develops communication, training and resources for managers and staff to promote understanding, awareness and value of the programs and services offered by the department.
- Analyzes processes and procedures, conducts research and statistical analyses, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Represents Human Resources Department at meetings and advises the Human Resources Executive Director in alternative courses of action on issues.
- Presents written and oral reports on a wide variety of human resources related issues. Presents to the Board of Directors and Executive Staff.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year college or university in Industrial Psychology, Human Resource Management, Public Administration or directly related field. Graduate degree preferred.
Experience: Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience in a human resources administration that included four (4) years supervising journey level staff performing Recruitment/selection, Classification/Compensation, HRIS, Employee Relations, Training and Organizational Development, Labor Relations and Benefits Administration or related area.
- Experience managing Workers' Compensation, Leave Management, with applicable knowledge and understanding of State and Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws, codes, and regulations, workers compensation, FMLA, ADA, and employment laws procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of FTA drug and alcohol compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of medical and technical terminology used in Workers Compensation, Leave Management, Reasonable Accommodation, and FTA Drug and Alcohol programs
- Professional level Human Resources generalist experience, with deep knowledge and experience in multiple areas of Human Resources.
- Administrative principles and methods, including goal setting, program and budget development, work planning and organization.
- Experience with selecting, implementing and using case management software solutions.
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED POSITION The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on a ranked Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing. Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical, dental, orthodontic, vision, and prescription insurance coverage for employees and qualified dependents; plus regular pension with a five (5) year vesting. Depending on length of service, up to six (6) weeks of vacation and up to twelve (12) days of sick leave per year. Holidays: eleven (11) per year. Free transportation on AC Transit system. Group Life Insurance.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.