HR Systems and Data Analytics Intern - Human Resources more... ▼
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Company:||New York City Economic Development Corporation|
|First posted:||March 03, 2017|
HR Systems and Data Analytics Intern - Human Resources
Human Resources New York, New York
We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a strong interest in data, analytics, and a strong desire to build databases to drive HR strategy.
Our Vision : To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission : To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Human Resources Department aims to provide superior service to employees and managers in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, performance management, training, compensation and benefits in order to increase the effectiveness of the organization. Our mission is to treat each employee as a valued client while supporting the principles, values, vision and mission of NYCEDC. We strive to promote services that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
Your Internship: The HR Systems and Data Analytics Intern will be responsible for providing support in the daily operations primarily within the benefits division and HR data analysis of the Human Resources Department at NYCEDC.
- HR Process & System Improvement - review process and system flows to improve operational efficiency
- Develop and roll out best practices in assessing HR data quality
- Assist in creation of SOP's and work on processes and documentation for compiling HR metrics
- Develop creative approaches by designing a database for efficient statistical analysis of existing HR metrics
- Create a new database with Excel Macros/VBA for retirement plan benefits tracking system
- Perform data entry, data scrubbing, and audits of SAP SuccessFactors and other HR software
- Assist with data integrity with HR analyst and update external benefits broker sites, and manual HR files
- Assist in auditing of HR/Payroll files and organize existing HR databases
- Application of metrics to existing employee engagement survey comments
- Ability to tell creative and articulate a story to senior management using disparate HR data
- Assist with all benefits training initiatives: managing the training mailbox and calendar, mapping course calendars, drafting training communications, tracking course enrollment and attendance, preparing class materials, setting up rooms on class days, etc.
- Assist in various projects such as: rolling out new benefit plans, training, financial and retirement plans, and ad hoc reporting.
- Work on various communications campaigns for benefits and training.
- Provide support in updating and maintaining benefits information on internal employee sites.
- Provide general office support to the Human Resources department as needed.
- Currently enrolled in college or in a graduate program with excellent data, analytic and problem-solving skills in a quantitative field with GPA of 3.0 or higher (computer science, information technology, information systems, math, engineering, economics etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with expert skills in MS Excel (Macros, Pivot Tables), Access, and PowerPoint.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to assess data and trends using both quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques
- Ability to work well in a team
- Have a strong work ethic, organization skills, the desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions
- Maintaining existing programs and processes
- Keen interest in HR preferred
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and problem solving communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with employees of all levels.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting (please use the apply button below) .
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.