Senior Civil Engineer - Construction Engineer more... ▼
|Company:||Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.|
|First posted:||February 07, 2017|
Position: Senior Civil Engineer - Construction Engineer
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Id: 108
# of Openings: 1
Senior Civil Engineer - Construction Engineer Location: Lansing Primary Responsibilities FTCH is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to manage highway and bridge Construction Engineering and Inspection projects in S.E. Michigan. Responsibilities include supervision and overall field management of FTCH's construction projects. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with clients and the public, and the ability to provide leadership to staff in a project team environment. Applicant must be willing to travel and work in an outdoor environment. Essential Functions
- Administration and coordination on mid to large size roadways and bridges.
- Monitoring activities of assigned staff for conformance with contractual requirements.
- Technical leadership for complex or unique assignments.
- Review of construction for conformance to drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Communication and coordination with clients, owners, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Collaborative department leadership with marketing assistance, and oversight.
Minimum Physical Requirements Ability to stand and sit as needed on project sites. Ability to drive a motor vehicle to reach work sites; ability to maneuver project sites with uneven terrain. Ability to read printed materials and view a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation. Desired Degree Bachelor's degree Desired Major Civil Engineering Technology/Construction Desired Job Experience
- PE License in Michigan.
- Prior experience as a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Engineer performing oversight and administration for road and/or bridge construction projects.
- Knowledge of transportation engineering from the design stage through final construction.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage projects ranging from local streets to complex urban freeways and structures.
- The ability to develop innovative solutions and sustain partnerships.
- Effective communication with staff, local agencies, and the general public.
- The ability to effectively communicate project status and issues to client and formulate viable solutions.
- The ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Strong teamwork and leadership capabilities.
- Experience with MDOT projects is preferred.
- Experience with Field Manager and Project Wise software is a plus.
FTCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Status.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.