Senior Civil Engineer Construction Engineer more... ▼
|Company:||Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.|
|First posted:||February 07, 2017|
Position: Senior Civil Engineer - Construction Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Id: 134
# of Openings: 1
Senior Civil Engineer - Construction Engineer FTCH has a reputation as an innovative, entrepreneurial, diverse, and adaptive firm that makes significant contributions to our society as we practice our profession. Our pursuit of continuous improvement in our approach and methods to better serve our clients has resulted in delivery of exceptional services for our clients for the past 60 years. We are seeking qualified candidates to join the FTCH engineering team. Candidates for this position will find FTCH is an excellent place to work due to our outstanding facilities and resources as well as the exceptional quality and abilities of our people. FTCH is pursuing a full-time Senior Civil Engineer to work in our Columbus, Ohio office. The primary duties of this engineering position are to be responsible for the overall administration of construction oversight projects of various size and scope. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with clients and the public, and the ability to provide leadership to staff in a project team environment. Applicant must be willing to travel and work in an outdoor environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Administration and coordination of multiple highway and bridge rehabilitation and reconstruction projects.
- Verify that the Contractor's completed work is in compliance with the contract documents for each project.
- Schedule and facilitate all necessary project meetings, which may include progress meetings, HMA and concrete pre-production meetings and public meetings, and distribute meeting minutes for each.
- Supervise engineers and technicians in the inspection, administration, and documentation for infrastructure projects from pre-bid meetings to contract close out.
- Oversee the generation of all project pay estimates, contract modifications, work orders and other generated documents.
- Review work produced by project oversight team in both the office and the field and verify the acceptability of the generated documents.
- Provide technical leadership for complex or unique assignments.
- Provide guidance and training to inspection staff.
- Read and interpret complex contract documents and utilize the information to determine the most appropriate solutions to unforeseen project issues as they arise.
- Monitor activities of assigned staff for conformance with contractual requirements.
- Communicate effectively with client representatives, staff, local agencies, and the general public.
- Effectively communicate project status and issues to clients and formulate viable solutions.
- Review and draft responses to Contractor correspondence and claims as required.
- Monitor the project budget and communicate any issues to the client as soon as they are known.
- Assist with business development and growth efforts.
Minimum Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and sit as needed on project sites. Ability to drive a motor vehicle to reach work sites; ability to maneuver project sites with uneven terrain. Ability to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation. Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Technology/Construction Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- PE License in Ohio is required.
- Potential candidates must have 10 or more years of ODOT, Ohio Turnpike Commission, or heavy highway and/or bridge construction experience,
- Knowledge of transportation engineering from the design stage through final construction.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage projects ranging from local streets to complex urban freeways and structures.
- The ability to develop innovative solutions and sustain partnerships.
- The ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Strong teamwork and leadership capabilities.
- A valid Ohio driver's license
- Ability to stand and sit as needed on project sites. Ability to drive a motor vehicle to reach work sites; ability to maneuver project sites with uneven terrain. Ability to read printed materials and view a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Experience with ODOT or Ohio Turnpike projects is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Experience mentoring and training staff.
- ODOT Pre-Qualified Construction Engineer Level I is preferred. ODOT Pre-Qualified Construction Engineer Level II is a plus.
The Senior Civil Engineer - Construction Engineer position includes competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, and potential tuition reimbursement. FTCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Status.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.