Tech Yahoo, Network Eng, Principal more... ▼
|First posted:||March 24, 2017|
About the Team
The Yahoo Infrastructure team is responsible for the core Infrastructure and shared services required to support all Yahoo properties globally. We design and build scalable, high-performance networks, provide long-term storage strategy and automation, manage global name resolution and routing, provide capacity and performance consultation for Yahoo properties, and manage Yahoo-wide UNIX distributions and components.
About the Role
Yahoo is looking for a Network Architect to design, administer, and scale the core services needed to provide secure and reliable connectivity for our Corporate network environment. These core services include: routing, switching, firewalls, video, voice, wireless, and much more. These services are critical dependencies for our network infrastructure and provide the foundation for a reliable and secure network. You will be responsible for full ownership of them within the Corporate network, defining the roadmap, scaling the architecture and providing leadership for ongoing operations.
- Provide consulting and guidance for all new Yahoo applications and/or projects that affect network resources and provide consulting on existing application deployments
- Design, Document, and Support end-to-end corporate networking solutions to support global deployment of Yahoo services
- Provide training and implementation guidance on newly introduced technologies, designs, and equipment
- Evaluate new platforms for Yahoo networking including development of test plans for current and next generation platforms, working closely with test engineers through test cycles, and partner with industry vendors on next generation platforms that will meet Yahoo's needs in the future platform selection
- Continued support for all Yahoo technology, design, and platforms
- Design for automation code to support network configuration and troubleshooting
You Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5-7 years experience designing large-scale global corporate network environments
- Expert level experience with Juniper and Cisco required
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP, L2/L3 protocols, LAN, Spanning-tree, WAN, Metro, IPv4, IPv6, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, QoS/CoS
- Experience with network testing equipment, e.g., IXIA, Agilent, and Sprint
- Knowledge of 802.11 as well as 802.1x
- Experience writing automation code in Python and Perl is desired, but not required
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Able to work in a fun and fast paced environment with brilliant co-workers!
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.