Tech Yahoo, Production Engineer, Interm (DevOps) - Ads Targeting and Identity more... ▼
|First posted:||April 04, 2017|
A Little About Us
Production Engineering and Operations @ Yahoo is responsible for the complete end-to-end Operations of Yahoo products and the underlying Infrastructure. The 700 million unique users who come to our sites every month expect the best-in-class reliability and performance and this is the team that makes it all happen. The Sunnyvale based Production Engineering and Operations organization is looking for highly motivated, talented and technically savvy individuals to become part of this team that operates Mission Critical Systems. Yahoo is a unique destination for engineers who are hungry to work on cutting edge technology combined with the scale that only Yahoo Can provide with products like - Yahoo Mail with its 300+ Million users; Cloud computing technologies like Hadoop that run on tens of thousands of nodes; petabytes of storage; massive databases and data warehouses; the cool and seamless Yahoo Messenger that has over 4 billion messages exchanged every day, and many more! If you have the passion to be a part of a team that operates the most trafficked websites on this Planet, then this group is for you.
A Lot About You
- You have exposure to large-scale production environments, mainly Linux based systems.
- You have well-rounded experience deploying, managing, monitoring and fixing common production incidents and problems in network, storage, etc. to ensure application and system uptime.
- You have knowledge of developer tools like Jira, Git, Bugzilla, CVS, SVN.
- You have prior experience with resolving system administration issues, network issues such as DNS, load balancers, content caching and distribution.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Provide operational support for developers and users of the Yahoo's Ads Targeting infrastructure. This includes responsibilities such as responding to outages, configuring hosts, performance tuning, and planning and executing hardware upgrades.
- Ensure consistent monitoring tools are in place, and that the documentation accurately reflects the current configuration.
- Coordinate with Yahoo's other operational support groups to implement and test data backup and recovery.
- Participate in a 12x7 (daylight hours) on-call pager rotation
- Ensure Yahoo products are designed and built with high degree of stability and operability
You Must Have
- BS/MS in Computer Science preferred with a solid foundation in Unix (FreeBSD/RHEL)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Unix based production environment.
- Experience in writing Shell or Perl or Python or PHP scripts.
- Good knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, or Jetty web servers administration and configuration
- Exposure to Nagios, Netcool or similar monitoring tools.
- Experience in multi-tiered, high-volume production development experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in supporting cloud-based virtualization is a strong plus.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.