MGR, QUALITY ASSURANCE more... ▼
|Company:||Compass Group USA|
|First posted:||April 07, 2017|
Clickhere to Learn More about a Career with Compass Group
A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Based in Charlotte, NC, Compass Group North America is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $16 billion in revenues in 2016. Compass Group USA was named one of America's 500 Best Employers by Forbes, ranking as the highest contract food and support services company. With over 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC, was named the 6th largest publicly traded employer in the world by USA Today and one of 50 Companies Changing the World by Fortune. Compass Group PLC had revenues of £19.9 billion in the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016.
ARE YOU A WINNER?
We love to win, and we do it by creating a culture of care and performance. Our secret sauce is our culture. We are #1 in our industry through passion, teamwork and results. We win clean and we have a great time doing it. Sound good to you?
Bateman Community Living, division of Morrison Community Living and a member of Compass Group North America, has led the industry for 30 years by providing healthy, flavorful meals to seniors, disaster response, congregate, event catering, adult daycare and head start programs across the country. We pride ourselves on offering DRI compliant menus that can be customized to meet the specific needs of those we serve, underscoring our purpose of enriching the lives of seniors every day.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to manage Quality Assurance and Food Safety at our Sacramento, CA facility The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for development and maintenance of all QA programs, meeting USDA, FDA and customer requirements and ensuring the quality and safety of supplied goods. Must have strong knowledge in Preventive Controls for Human Food. A strong background in manufacturing, quality assurance and strong understand of FSMA is a must.
- Contributes to development and execution of product food safety and quality programs to support the organization's goals of operational excellence, customer/client satisfaction, financial performance, market leadership, and preferred employer.
- Responsible for developing and on-going maintenance of the Food Safety Plan. Must be able to identify deficiencies and implement new strategies.
- Actively provides new and on-going training of employees to ensure the Food Safety Plan is understood and executed properly. Ensures employees are fully engaged in the Food Safety Plan and how it applies to their role.
- Must have a clear understanding of Preventive Controls for Human Food and methods to execute successfully.
- Ensures all HACCP, GMP's, sanitation preventive controls, supply chain preventive controls and all other prerequisite food safety standards are met according to USDA, FDA, FSIS, FSMA and corporate requirements.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the facilities process flow and engage personnel in all areas of food safety and quality within the flow.
- Manages verification and validation procedures.
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensuring accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and prevention of allergen cross contact.
- Manages the written recall program.
- Ensures complete traceability of incoming raw materials and finished product while managing lot code tracking.
- Ensures labeling programs is accurate in accordance with allergens, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Manages sanitation preventive controls management components required in the food safety plan to ensure monitoring, corrections and verification. Leads environmental monitoring at the facility.
- Conducts regular organoleptic and shelf life evaluations of finished product.
- Maintains product specifications on raw materials and finished products.
- Collaborate with production management to resolve product quality and safety issues.
- Evaluates supplier and product conformance to standards and specifications.
- Oversees all food safety audits conducted by government and third party agencies.
- Responds to customer safety and quality concerns as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of assignments and projects, potentially including: technical support of product specifications; private-label, external sales, and other procurement and business initiatives.
- Prepares tracking, trending, exception, summary, and other reports associated with due diligence activities and assigned roles and monitoring/measurement responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with corporate QA staff on routine matters, e.g. complaint investigations and recalls, and special projects.
- Actively and cooperatively participates in team collaboration efforts to improve common workflows, procedures, and tasks to increase efficiency and assure stakeholder satisfaction.
At least 6 years of directly related experience required in Quality Assurance and Food Safety manufacturing role.
- Experienced in prepared foods manufacturing a plus.
- HACCP program development and FSMA is a must.
- HACCP certification, Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) and GFSI auditor certification a must.
- Strong understanding of required third party audit and GFSI audit scheme programs and standards.
- Working knowledge of food processing and distribution regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry practice.
- Experience developing and motivating personnel.
- Track record of food safety/QA success in any of the following focus areas a plus: meat, poultry, seafood, processed foods, distribution, proprietary/private-label product development and/or monitoring.
- B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or related curriculum and/or experience required.
- Technical competence and confidence is critical.
- Must be able to stay current with all levels of food safety regulations.
- Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and coach, with the ability to relate to other professionals, peers, and field operators, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills.
- Multi-task and project management proficiency.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to meet and exceed aggressive timelines.
- Analytical thinking is essential. Intellectual curiosity a must.
- Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced, diverse and evolving corporate culture is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn various software and web-enabled programs.
Apply to Bateman Community Living today!
Batemann Community Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Friday, April 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.