HR Analyst - Human Resources more... ▼
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Company:||New York City Economic Development Corporation|
|First posted:||April 12, 2017|
HR Analyst - Human Resources
Human Resources New York, New York
Our Vision : To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission : To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Human Resources Department aims to provide superior service to employees and managers in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, performance management, training, compensation and benefits in order to increase the effectiveness of the organization. Our mission is to treat each employee as a valued client while supporting the principles, values, vision and mission of NYCEDC. We strive to promote services that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
Your Role: As a member of our dynamic Human Resources team, you will be responsible for providing support in an analytical and operational capacity in multifaceted areas such as: HRIS systems, statistical and metric reporting, benefits (health and retirement), payroll, compliance, and compensation. The HR Analyst will be responsible for assisting and organizing the data that will help drive organizational strategy company-wide.
- Effectively provide project and analytical support to the HR department and organization for overall strategic alignment
- Responsible for data analysis and identify trends and report findings. Compile HR metrics to support management discussions and decisions
- Opportunity to work on special projects to include compensation benchmark reports, Job Grades audit and updates, Job Description grading
- Responsible for producing annual turnover reports, compensation audits and statements
- Assist in the set-up of measurement tools to evaluate and monitor the performance the effectiveness of HR programs
- Support all auditing capacities by maintaining data integrity and process and performing reconciliation of participant data for accuracy
- Provide support in updating and maintaining retirement benefits information on internal employee sites
- Partner with HRBP's, HR Coordinator, and Talent Acquisition team on compiling and submitting data on payroll processing support and audit procedures, headcount and vacancy management
- Compile compelling power point presentations to show the different reports data results to SVP
- Conduct checks of employer and employee deferral contributions, assist with administration of company retirement plan, validate accurate data exchange between vendor and Payroll department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Human Resources or related field(s)
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with ADP Workforce Now, SuccessFactors, and other HR software
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros, Word, PowerPoint
- Exceptional analytic and quantitative skills, and follow-through
- Strong understanding of payroll processes and year end filings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be client-focused and customer service oriented
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems/technology thoroughly and quickly
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects from HR team member
- Must be able to exercise good judgment
- New York City residency requirement within 180 days of hire
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting (please use the apply button below) .
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.