Clerical Temporary - Vehicle Transaction Specialist and Data Entry Operator (ODOT17-0253OC) more... ▼
|Company:||Oregon Department of Transportation|
|First posted:||April 21, 2017|
ODOT17-0253OC - Salem
Oregon Department of Transportation, Driver and Motor Vehicle Services (DMV)
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services (DMV) is accepting applications for temporary data e ntry operator and office specialist 1 workers to perform tasks related to the processing of vehicle and driver transactions.
This recruitment will be used to establish a pool of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancies and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur in this unit or location.
Temporary assignments may be full-time or part-time and will not exceed 6 months; are not eligible for benefits typical of those offered to employees.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use policy, procedure manuals and other reference materials to process DMV business related work.
- Review DMV's, courts, and business entities transactions, forms, and other information.
- Answer phone calls from the general public and internal customers.
- Access computer inquiry programs to data enter alpha/numeric information from source documents.
- Proofread documents to verify information is correct.
- Identify failed transactions and follow established procedures to determine the type of error and corrective action.
- Review information from computer produced registers to track work, proofread data entry and verify record information updates.
- Prepare DMV documents for microfilming.
- Open and distribute mail in a timely manner.
- Participate as a member of the work team and assist in on-the-job training of other unit personnel.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Contribute to a positive and productive work environment. Establish and maintain a professional and collaborative working relationship with all contact.
Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills
Applicants whose background most closely matches the needs of the position will be invited to interview.
Your application must verify your responses to all of the supplemental questions in order to be considered. If your answers are not reflected in your work history, your application may be removed from consideration.
Applicants invited to interview will be asked to demonstrate office skills such as typing skill and speed, computer knowledge, grammar, filing, etc. through skills testing.
We appreciate your interest in this position.
To apply, please follow these steps.
- Complete the application. We will not accept a resume or position description in place of a completed application. Because of the volume of applications we receive, we do not review any attachments that we do not ask for.
- The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet any of the minimum and special qualifications listed above. If it does not, we are required to disqualify it.
- Complete the supplemental questions.
Caution: If you fail to follow these instructions, we will have to disqualify your application. We cannot consider incomplete or late applications.
Criminal background checks will be conducted on final candidates, including current ODOT employees. All applicants may be subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS, and/or education verification as required for the position.
For questions about the job announcement or technical help with online application, call (see application details).
For technical help accessing your account, call 1-(see application details).
Electronic Application Checklist :
- Supplemental Questions
Oregon Department of Transportation Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
Fax (see application details)
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This information can be made available in an alternative format by contacting ODOT Recruitment at (see application details) or through Oregon Relay Service at 7-1-1.
ODOT does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Questions: 1-(see application details) (EEO-ODOT) or through Oregon Relay Service at 7-1-1.
ODOT is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is our policy not to discriminate against any qualified employment applicant because of a disability. Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation during the application process by contacting the Employee Civil Rights & Diversity Manager at 1-(see application details) (EEO-ODOT).
ODOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by State or Federal laws. For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action, contact the Employee Civil Rights & Diversity Manager at 1-(see application details) (1-877-EEO-ODOT).
Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for the employee and qualified family members
- $5,000 in employee basic life insurance
- Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
- Employer paid defined benefit and defined contribution programs
**Effective November 1, 2016, SEIU represented employees who are Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) participating members will have their base salary increased by 6.95%. Upon becoming a PERS participating member, SEIU employees pay the employee 6% contribution to PERS.
Paid leaves and other benefits
- Sick leave earned at the rate of 8 hours per a month with no maximum accumulation
- Vacation leave earned at a minimum rate of 8 hours per month with accrual rate increases at 5-year increments
- 24 hours personal leave earned each fiscal year
- Ten paid holidays a year
The state also provides access to an innovative Employee Assistance Program that offers work-life counseling, along with homeowner, legal and family resources.
- Term life (employee, spouse or domestic partner, and dependents
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-term care (self and eligible family members)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Option to enroll in the Oregon Savings Growth Plan, a deferred compensation program offering a wide variety of investment options.
The following information describes typical benefits available for employees. Actual benefits received may differ by position or branch of government or be prorated for other than full time work.
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.