At Academic Partnerships
we drive change through innovation in online education using the strengths, experience and creativity of our people. As a leader in online program management, we are focused on facilitating the goal of scalable online program success for our university partners and the students they serve-from the dream of a degree to a bold reality. Our company is built on the foundation of our mission - to expand access to top-quality, affordable and workforce relevant degree programs that serve career pathways.
Come join a company that helps make dreams into reality!
Academic Partnerships is hiring an experienced
Staff Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team in downtown Dallas.
Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly general and subledger journal entries, reconciliations and the annual substantive audit.
As the main point of contact for our internal operations teams, the Staff Accountant will prepare contractually required third party reporting and assist with monthly financial reports.
- Prepare accounting related entries to general, cash, fixed asset, payroll and accounts receivable subledgers
- Follow established accounting processes
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy in coding and accuracy of accruals
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and cash settlement entries
- Create customer invoices and apply payments in accounts receivable subledger
- Create and maintain fixed asset records and subledger
- Create payroll and benefits related entries using ADP GL interface and reporting tools
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Create internal invoices and oversee collections
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations for variance versus budget and trend
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Maintain and reconcile both intercompany and intracompany transactions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years' experience in general ledger accounting, full cycle experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- A strong proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Jet Reports, Microsoft Excel, and ADP GL interface.
Academic Partnerships offers the following comprehensive benefits:
- PTO - accumulated from day one
- 11 designated holidays
- Medical - four options (including PPO and HDP)
- Life & Disability (company paid)
- FSA & HSA (company contribution to HSA)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Maternity / Paternity / Parental Leave (company paid)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Wellness program
- Alternative medicine options
- Pet discounts
Personal and Professional Development:
- Continuous Professional and Leadership Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement for employees and their dependents
Academic Partnerships is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.