Sr Projects Manager, Global Capital Projects
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We're a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you'll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you've dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you'll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients' lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn't just a number, they're our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
* #SyneosHealthLife means we're committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person's unique contributions make a difference.
* We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
* We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Supervises and supports the development, documentation, and deployment of processes, procedures, and policies across CRES. The role is to supervise and deliver capital real estate projects globally to meet business requirements.
- Manages overall scope of projects as defined in the project brief, including the scope, schedule, financials, etc. of any project-related SoWs
- Works with business units, IT, HR, Regional Leads, Real Estate Strategy Team Vendors, leadership to finalize and sign off on project documentation including, but not limited to, project brief, communication plans, test fits, concepts and stage gate milestones
- Develops project timeline / schedule using Microsoft Project, following all Syneos standards, working with the appropriate disciplines
- Ensures all required deliverables as set forth in the CRES RACI are included in the overall project schedule
- Prepares for project kick-off presentation with key project stakeholders
- Recommendation of suitable 3rd party vendors/suppliers with capability to deliver projects. Collates RFP responses, schedules interviews with suppliers, requests vendor set up forms, complete the business case (for new vendors).
- Manages project communications, including communications to executive stakeholders, IT, Security, CRES Regional and leadership team colleagues, vendors, business stakeholders, and clients as needed
- Implements and manages project tasks, stage gates are being followed. Manages and co-ordinates reoccurring meetings
- Manages day to day project delivery communications to ensure quotations are in line with MSA where we have them. Escalates variances to contracts
- Manages financials of the project, ensuring key financial information is always up to date in the overall CRES project portfolio tool
- Maintains issues & risks logs, ensuring issues & risks are categorized and prioritized appropriately, working with project stakeholders on risk mitigation strategies and action plans for issues, and escalating to the PMO / raising at appropriate times
- Conducts/Participates (where there is a external delivery lead) regular (e.g. weekly), action-oriented, project status meetings with all key project stakeholders
- As dictated by the scope of different projects, works in close collaboration with vendor resources, multiple business units, and all disciplines to ensure the project is getting executed and will deliver the baselined scope within budget and schedule
- Prepares weekly status reports and monthly / bi-monthly steering committee presentations
- Serve as a point of contact for all PO processing inquiries and troubleshooting
- Work with AP to correct PO and invoicing errors
- Provides project input on timeline and budget forecasts. Ensures all PO/Invoice information is tracked and stored in project files
- Conducts (or participate if external delivery manager) lessons learned / post mortem meeting with all stakeholders
- Runs small works AV, IT, decommissioning projects globally, working with local vendors, associated procurement, approvals and signs off
- Provides data to support creation of new business cases
- Ensures project delivery partners are utilizing the Syneos Standards and these are reflected in the project design implementation
- Develop, implement and review Key Performance Indicators and metrics to monitor business performance
- Any other tasks deemed necessary to fulfill obligations of the role
- Travel may be required
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (please indicate if 'preferred')
- Bachelor's Degree in real estate/construction management
- Experience in Project Management including successful completion of directly managed construction projects
- If Bachelor's Degree is in unrelated field, work experience in construction projects required
- Working knowledge of M&E, architecture, furniture trends, building systems and code regulations
- Relevant Pharmaceutical / CRO industry experience (desired)
- Ability to prepare accurate project cost estimates and budgets to inform the real estate strategy
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Project and common Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Power Point, Word, One Note)
- Experience working with Sharepoint (or similar) project workspaces / document repositories
- Must have experience working with local and virtual teams.
- Must have experience managing mixed internal/vendor and vendor-only project delivery teams
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Europe - GBR-Home-Based
North America - US Home-Based
Yes, 25 % of the Time