Chief Sound & Reception Engineer
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
As member of the In-vehicle Infotainment (IVI) Division, you bring hardware and software connectivity and infotainment technologies into our vehicles to enhance driver and passenger comfort, safety, and user experience.
As Chief Software/Hardware Engineer (Technical Leader) you adapt and apply locally the Global Technology Strategy, and have final accountability and authority on the technical output of a whole software/hardware area / function.
- Development Roadmap
- Oversee the design of and approve development roadmaps to facilitate qualitative and efficient software & hardware development, and to ensure that work is prioritized in line with divisional and company requirements and priories
- Unit Development
- Oversee the unit hardware and software development and integration activities for the division from a position of technical expertise and leadership.
- Software & Hardware Testing
- Set the software & hardware testing guidelines and overarching framework for the division and / or region based on global company policies and guidelines.
- Cyber Security
- Understand the broader impact of software-related cyber security threats and guide the pertinent research and remediation activities from a point of technical expertise for the division.
- Review, approve and sign-off technical documentation as highest technical authority (i.e. development documents for technical evaluations, A- Requirements, functional safety). Bear legal responsibility for documentation signed.
- Integration & Correlation
- Follow company policies and external regulations, and consider industry best practices to set divisional guidelines and frameworks for integrating assigned software into the vehicle. Foresee potential integration issues and advise on their resolution. Develop and coach others, helping them through roadblocks. Interactions and correlations are typically cross-company and global.
- Strategic Planning
- Understand and adapt global technology strategy of assigned technical area in the region, and estimate and request necessary resources. Involves regular and close communication and technical correlation with Japan Office.
- Supplier Management
- Identify new, select, and lead technical and pricing negotiations with suppliers. Provide oversight and direction, and offer troubleshooting judgement as needed. Provide direction and requirements on all technical outputs, including development process related, for quality assurance.
- Improvement & Innovation
- Follow organizational strategic direction to set the course and oversee the development of new technologies organized and executed by HRA in assigned functional area(s).
- Technical Leadership and Direction
- Break down high level strategies and/or direction into clear tactical plans. Explain how they relate to the division's strategy and direction, and the broader organization's mission and vision. Motivate associates to achieve technical area's goals while growing professionally at the same time
- Represent the company in professional associations, forums and conventions, typically for the assigned technical area. Represent the company in legal cases involving own responsibility area
- Maintain understanding of related current technologies and explore future trends and possibilities through ongoing education, conference attendance, industry association representation, industry publications, and competition tracking, to inform strategic planning and/or relay internally for further consideration.
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
- 15 years minimum related experience that enables job holder to provide leadership to others regarding work related systems, processes and challenges
- 6 years minimum of managerial experience in planning, managing and organizing resources within short/medium timescales within the overall policy framework
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering
- Candidate should have experience in project management (setting & managing schedules, meeting deadlines, directing other groups to achieve development goals, etc.).
- Candidate should have experience in software and automotive infotainment (IVI) system development. IVI experience preferred but not required Proficient PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other technical software).Knowledge of MatLab or Labview would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Tools (Confluence, Jira, Bamboo and Stash) preferred. Training available
- Ability to use common electrical testing equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, ESD equipment, etc.) required
- Ideal candidate should have strong experience and interest Automotive Development
- Candidate has experience leading a team of engineers with successful outcomes meeting development schedules
Additional Position Factors:
- Workstyle: Hybrid remote (60% remote)
- Travel: 10%
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Manager car (includes car, insurance and service)
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.