Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or relevant field of study preferred
- 3+ years Release Management Experience in Continuous Delivery/DevOps environment
- 3+ years Program/Project Management Experience
- Experience implementing or using Continuous Delivery/DevOps methodologies
- Experience supporting agile software development teams
- Experience in Both Scrum and Kanban Models
- Experience with life cycle processes and isolating build/deployment issues
- Experience working with Change Process
- Experience with a 500+ million revenue e-commerce retailer preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor, and work well independently is essential
- Expert knowledge of Tools like Jira & Confluence is a must have
- Expert knowledge in Change Advisory Board Tools like Service Now is a must have
- Ability to distinguish between functional, technical, and system requirements
- Strong communication skills, including effective listening, speaking, writing, and presenting
- Strong Microsoft Office program experience, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Creates and manages the Request For Change (RFC) end to end process.
- Facilitates integrated release planning sessions in conjunction with teams and product team members (e.g., Product Managers, Solution Architects) to align on release objectives, identify dependencies across product teams and value streams, define milestones, and provide automated deployments and set configurations.
- Creates deployment plans and accompanying checklists to ensure dependencies are identified and managed.
- Creates and maintains the change management calendar in conjunction with IT change management standards.
- Communicates release milestones and activity progress to all program stakeholders and team members.
- Creates and maintains the integrated project delivery plan across all impacted products (within and across value streams).
- Facilitates the documentation of rollback strategies, hyper care support, and handoffs to production support teams.
- Ensure release gates are met.
- Builds operational readiness plan (e.g., Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), run book, call trees with escalations, etc.) to ensure broader teams are prepared for deployment.
- Coordinates the release/deployment of the QA build to support User Acceptance Testing.
- Lead execution of audits of all packages pre-production to ensure successful deployment.
- Assess, define, implement, support, and continuously improve the Release Management Processes, procedures and standards using both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Update release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Serve as the single point of contact for a release, driving multiple projects to a common release date.
- Uses expertise and leadership skills to direct multiple cross-functional teams, resolve project issues and ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Duties may change; Team Member may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.