Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Project Director, Alternative Delivery with experience in design and services during construction for major Design-Build, AFP Highway, Road and Bridge infrastructure projects. Location is dependent on the candidate; however, preference will be for one of our Greater Toronto Area (GTA) offices.
- Leading multi-discipline technical teams in the successful preparation for, pursuit and execution of alternative delivery projects (DB Minors/Majors, AFPs, etc.) for the Highway, Roads and Bridges infrastructure market team and jointly with the Rail & Transit market team.
- Implementing best practices and leading others in engineering design delivery within a range of contractual frameworks, including alternatives analysis and value engineering, cost estimating, risk identification and definition, project budgets and schedule management, safety and quality program adherence, and all commercial and contractual aspects of project management through and including positioning, procurement, design, construction, commissioning, project closeout.
- Serving as a Project Manager on select Major Transportation Projects mainly in Ontario but potentially in other regions in North America.
- Engaging with clients, teaming partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders throughout the life of a project.
- Identifying risk in contractor and consultant teaming partner arrangements; developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies during pursuits and project execution.
- Leading in the development of winning project opportunities.
- Serving as relationship manager and/or engagement team member for national and regional relationships with public sector clients and contractor partners.
- Working with GHD's Project Management Office (PMO), Engineering Design Office (EDO) and regional design teams to socialize, collaborate, promote, and advance the understanding of progressive and traditional DB project delivery and the necessary skills, behavior, and deliverable expectations of our design managers and discipline design teams.
- Demonstrating leadership skills to manage and mediate conflicts between team members and with clients.
- Ensuring project deliverables meet or exceed GHD's internal and external client quality objectives.
- Championing Safety and Quality.
- Providing mentorship to team members.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum of 15 years of project management experience, leading multi-discipline engineering teams in the preparation of complex studies and designs.
- Recent project experience in Design-Build and/or AFP delivery of Highway and Bridge infrastructure work for public and private clients.
- Strong experience and knowledge of scoping and managing resource needs throughout the pursuit and delivery life cycle for various alternative delivery procurement methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff.
- Experience in leading projects utilizing modern design delivery tools and platforms including common data environments, BIM and federated model development is considered an asset.
- Experience with construction contract administration services is considered an asset.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.