Travelport is a place of opportunity. It's our incredible team that makes our company great - our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel's complex ecosystem.
What does a great Senior Technical Customer Advocate do?
Primary technical contact, liaison and authoritative source of information regarding all technology, infrastructure, integration and operational solutions/problems for Travelport' s Strategic Airline, OTA and Travel Agency Customers.
- Develops and administrators an enterprise Problem Management philosophy for Data Centre impacts and chronic issues.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for customer escalation during operational impacts:
- Provide updates to customer during any high severity incidents.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis after any high severity event.
- Provide technical teams with customer experience during impacts
- Proactively addresses improvement opportunities for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Builds positive internal customer relationships hosting periodic Operations and Strategic customer meetings:
- Review Recent Impacts, Scheduled Changes, Technology Project Status, and Customer Operational Concerns
- Schedule and Chair recurring Exchanges
- Review Past Performance
- Review Customer Operational Concerns
- Review Travelport Data Center Technology Changes
- Review Customer Growth Plans (Planned Message Volume Growth)
- Manages all escalated customer issues and concerns through appropriate channels and partnerships.
- Participates in the Change Advisory Board (CAB), ensuring scheduled change activities are appropriately vetted and communicated to Travelport's customers.
- Primary (bi-directional) escalation point for operational and technology concerns or questions for assigned customers and as required:
- Assess impact & urgency and compose detailed, accurate impact statements
- Quickly identify needed support teams and engage them for triage and resolution activities
- Coordinate audio conference bridges for major incidents to bring together all teams and vendors required to resolve the incident
- Ensure that incident ticket communication/documentation is accurate, timely, clear, and concise
- Responsible for relationship building with technology peers for Travelport' s strategic customers.
- Gather and communicate customer requirements to the Technology teams (change, capacity, network, monitoring, and system)
- Third level escalation for operational impacts (after Helpdesk and TSD) and Problem Management for customer impacting events.
- Facilitate Chronic Problem Resolution
- Follow-up and review of Travelport operational impacts with customers, including producing timely Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis.
- Review and communicate all scheduled change activities that may affect assigned customers.
- Spread awareness of key customer issues to the Travelport organizations.
- Collaborate with customers on strategic issues and coordinate requirements with Travelport' s Commercial division.
- Provide senior level project management for Travelport or customer initialed technology requirements, specifically related to the coordination and integration of activities across multiple company and functional lines.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Demonstrates ability to consistently deliver high quality work products in line with the End-to-End Delivery Model process and advocated tools.
- Is considered to be a subject matter expert in an at least one area of Service Delivery, ITIL qualified preferable.
- Understands Line of Business and Functional Area roles and responsibilities as they relate to Travelport people, business, and clients.
- Able to supervise individuals, including assignment of work and involvement with decisions for personnel actions, evaluations, budgets and timelines.
- Able to demonstrate examples of successfully managing cross functional/business projects.
- GDS, OTA, Carrier experience desired.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what's been done before, and be bold to win!
Benefits of working at Travelport
We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible to participate in our bonus program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy as well as contributing to our communities with an annual volunteer day off.
Salary Target: $100,000 - $115,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
Interested? We'd love for you to get in touch!
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.