Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We're a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you'll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you've dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you'll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients' lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn't just a number, they're our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
* #SyneosHealthLife means we're committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person's unique contributions make a difference.
* We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
* We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Chief Operating Officer Business Partner
Serves as chief marketing and communications strategist for Syneos Health's Chief Operating Officer (COO), developing integrated, predictable and planned strategic programs and tactical campaigns to drive business value. This role will work across the GCC&M business Centers of Excellence and manage a portfolio of Business Partners to drive high-connectivity based on known and organic milestones and business positioning. This includes ongoing alignment with Go To Market activities to drive a customer-centric culture, leadership and managerial engagement surrounding revenue driving priorities and celebrating business and cultural success. Role will ensure successful business strategy alignment and executional excellence - with a likely priority on transformational communications at role initiation.
Critical success factors include high degree of business acumen and interaction, the ability to navigate complex organizational challenges, and contributing to the development and success of Syneos Health and the team in a highly matrixed enterprise. This individual is comfortable directing organizational-wide initiatives and working collaboratively with senior leaders, is proactive, attentive to detail and is mindful of the broader environment - ultimately adaptable to change.
- Design annual integrated marketing and communications plan for COO (and businesses under COO remit - Clinical, Medical Affairs and Commercial), inclusive of organizational transformation, employee engagement initiatives and associated metrics to demonstrate activation and impact.
- Implement collaborative high-value programs to support performance and Company's Strategic Plan, GTM customer engagement and the empowered employee experience.
- Help business realize their own specific subcultures and engagement rituals.
- Provides timely communications and marketing counsel to the COO and other senior business leaders.
- Support senior Executives in the delivery and management of Executive Visibility programs to drive brand and employee awareness.
- Define metrics and dashboards to alert business leaders to efforts and impact - correlate to financial and/or employee engagement metrics where possible.
- Develop a keen understanding of organizational challenges and employee sentiments, and designs programs to meet business needs. In partnership with COEs, implement programs to gather and assess feedback.
- Write, edit or produce clear and concise communications that build understanding of group priorities and employee engagement to drive employee performance and retention.
- Adapts corporate-level messaging and communications as needed to ensure line of sight from Syneos Health priorities to day-to-day initiatives within the business.
- Works across Communications, Content, Digital, Conferences and Brand pillars to align approach, prioritization and best practice execution; partner with Regional Liaisons on execution and regional customization of plans pulled through in-market.
- Partner to determine budget needs and considerations for dedicated plans.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Marketing and communications strategy and Executive counsel experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive customer and employee engagement and other business results through effective communications.
- Strong strategist with experience in global and matrixed organization.
- Delivers actionable insights to frame creative and strategic recommendations, in collaboration with the Company's strategy, agency and creative teams.
- Understanding of global healthcare trends, challenges, and workforce.
- Exhibits creative mindset, superior writing, editing and presentation skills; project management skills; and consultative skills (including effective questioning, critical thinking, stakeholder management and communication methodology application).
- Ability to manage a Business Partner/team of Business Partners to develop plans for the businesses overseen by the COO.
- Analytics - Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analyses.
- Influence - Serves as marketing and communications subject matter expert with Executive and senior leaders. Gains support for ideas or positions on difficult issues.
- Problem Solving - Anticipates and resolves complex problems. Applies strategic and critical thinking to identify solutions to non-standard requests and moderately complex problems.
- Impact - Drives solutions to meet business and employee needs across the enterprise.
- Collaboration - Intense collaboration with other members of Global Corporate Communications & Marketing, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Commercial, Corporate Strategy, Investor Relations and others.
- Project Management - Develop strategies and manage timelines for multi-tiered communications initiatives.
- Ability to independently evaluate Company Strategic Themes and develop compelling marketing and communications programs, receiving minimal instruction on day-to-day work.
- Must have the ability to communicate directly with Executives and business leaders to represent programs and metrics.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (please indicate if 'preferred')
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English or a related science-oriented discipline
- 10 - 15 years' experience in Marketing, Corporate Communications or Public Relations.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Experience in marketing and communications program development for a global, diverse organization.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
- Ability to act independently and proactively.
- Ability to manage teams and mentor staff.
- Native proficiency in English language required; other languages a plus.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
North America - USA-NC-Morrisville-1030-SyncSt
Yes, 25 % of the Time