Honda Aero, Inc.
Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC is in search for a team member who is responsible for executing pre-planned manufacturing operations to produce products that meet quality and delivery requirements to support business targets. Produces machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup fixtures per pre-planned manufacturing instructions to ensure proper alignment
- Setup parts per pre-planned manufacturing instructions to ensure proper alignment
- Setup tools per pre-planned manufacturing instructions to ensure proper dimensionals
- Operate machining operations per pre-planned manufacturing instructions to meet quality requirements
- Inspect parts using gauges, calipers, micrometers, etc. to ensure parts meet quality requirements
- Perform operations such as deburr, airflow, heat treat, sizing, correction, etc. per-planned manufacturing instructions to meet quality requirements
- Maintain equipment per preventive maintenance requirements to ensure reliable machine operation
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Specific Skills:
- 5-years of close tolerance CNC Machining, preferably in the Aerospace Industry.
- Trade School and/or Apprenticeship Tool & Die Program preferred
- Close tolerance machining experience including machine setup procedures, precise measuring tools and understanding of pneumatic, hydraulics, welding and electrical conductivity.
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments.
- Strong understanding in blue print reading/ geometric tolerancing interpretation.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Working knowledge of metallurgy, heat treatment, machining tools and programming "G" and "M" codes
- Strong mechanical aptitude
Job Related Specific Skills:
- Ability to work independently and take on new challenges and assignments
- Ability to interact/communicate effectively to all levels
- Ability to problem solve, within area of expertise, at a high level
- Ability to learn and use multiple business system software
- Applies mathematical methods and reading skills
- Competent in reading blueprints and work instructions
- Competent in understanding Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions:
- Climate-controlled production environment.
- Regular exposure to the manufacturing areas which under certain circumstances require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, mandatory hearing protection and safety shoes.
- Ability to frequently stand walk, and sit as well as regular use of hands, fingers, and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.