Travelport is a place of opportunity. It's our incredible team that makes our company great - our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel's complex ecosystem.
What does a great API Support Analyst do?
As an API Support Analyst, you'll be joining a team that's responsible for delivering truly innovative solutions that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world.
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Global Solutions Delivery team; you will play a pivotal and crucial part in building trusted technical relationships with our customers, working hand in hand with developers to implement best practices and improvements to customer-owned application software and API-powered workflows. You'll be the 'go-to' person for domain expertise across API products and services, covering all aspects of searching, booking, ticketing and servicing of airline, hotel and car rental products.
This role requires extensive collaboration with other product managers to ensure integration of content and prioritization across many initiatives.
- Provide second and third level functional, operational, procedural and technical expertise for Travelport API products, specializing in support of these API products.
- Functional research, test and sign off on API problem ticket resolutions. Provide API product support to internal and external organizations. Maintain an up to date understanding of operational and strategic API product support requirements.
- Support fault analysis to identify trends of API product and functional problems reported.
- Engage in crisis and escalation activities for API product and functional issues as required.
- Identify opportunities to streamline product support processes and supplement/acquire product support knowledge across the team; recommending solutions as appropriate.
- As a subject matter expert, review and edit requirements, specifications and business processes, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Represent API Support with project teams to ensure that API knowledge is provided, thus ensuring effective support for new products and enhancements.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of operational standards, help desk methodologies, technical trends and innovations in the industry.
- Build and develop a professional and productive working relationship with the Commercial, Product and Technology teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the functionality, purpose, utilization and support of API products and functions.
- Expected to demonstrate customer focus and passion for troubleshooting customer issues.
- Expected to be largely independent, demonstrating solid judgement and decision making.
- Required to work within a complex and continuously changing environment; be able to organize multiple concurrent tasks and manage changing priorities.
- Expected to demonstrate excellent and sensitive verbal and written communication skills, particularly with external customers and their internal representatives.
- Be able to retain a calm and logical approach to tasks in a stressful or time constrained situation.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the external environment of the travel industry and a sound knowledge of the Travelport business.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree level in engineering or another technical subject; computer science degrees preferred.
- Relevant technical or IT experience, preferably as a Software Developer or IT Analyst.
- Experience of working with travel technology is preferred. Knowledge of GDS; ideally gained with Worldspan/Galileo/Apollo.
- Knowledge of API products, functionality and utilization. Have knowledge of Viewpoint, structured data and API interfaces.
- Experience with various operating systems engineering - (installs, troubleshooting files, directories, etc.).
- Understand common internet protocols such as SOAP and HTTP.
- Have JSON and Postman knowledge
- Have working knowledge of structured data, i.e. XML structures and/or EDIFACT.
- Have familiarity with programming languages such as VB, C++, Java or .Net.
- Experience using debugging tools to aid problem resolution.
- Must be flexible to travel. Some travel may be required in the job.
- Written and verbal language skills in English.
Benefits of working at Travelport
We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible to participate in our bonus program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy as well as contributing to our communities with an annual volunteer day off.
Salary Target: $70,000 - $90,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
Interested? We'd love for you to get in touch!*
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.