Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982, we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all 50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging.
Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise
At Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our with an.
Job Description SummaryResidents are the heart of our work and the reason behind all we do. As the leading Mid-Atlantic nonprofit affordable housing provider, Enterprise Community Development builds, preserves, and operates affordable homes to uplift communities. Our mission is to create pathways to well-being and upward mobility, starting with an affordable home that's a place of power, pride, and belonging.
Reporting to the President of Community Development, the Director of Communications will create and adapt coordinated communications that are ready for use in a variety of channels. The position requires effective communications experience with social and digital media, consumer and business press, as well as a proven track record of preparing compelling narratives, collaborating across a number of internal teams and subject matter experts, and experience communicating with senior executives.
- Oversee and manage all internal/external communications, branding governance, and marketing strategies for Enterprise Community Development, a division of Enterprise Community Partners. Ensure alignment with the rest of Enterprise's marketing and communications strategy.
- Create messages and communication plans for a broad range of external stakeholders, including talking points, content/ PowerPoint presentations for priority external meetings, fundraising events and RFPs.
- Develop internal messages and programming (storyboard, run-of-show, talking points) for staff meetings, Town Halls, Board presentations and all-staff emails. Partner with Enterprise's Director of Internal Communications as needed.
- Develop and lead a 12-month content calendar that reflect corporate initiatives, and company milestones to identify earned media opportunities while managing PR agency relationship; counsel and advise leadership on brand messaging, media engagement, internal & external presentations.
- Serve as lead for virtual and in-person event planning, partnering with Enterprise's event planning team, graphic design team, and external PR agency to execute.
- Closely follow the housing and community development industry, including in the mid-Atlantic, and look for trends and opportunities to raise the profile of ECD.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leads and project managers to complete tasks.
- Partner with HR on employee engagement initiatives and communications including social gatherings, office activations, and orientation planning.
- Hybrid work arrangement with travel to the DC/MD/VA area as needed for major internal and external corporate engagements.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, Master's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations, marketing, and executive communications. Real estate development, affordable housing, and political writing or background a plus.
- A track record of relevant communications, marketing, or branding work and a sophisticated understanding of success metrics.
- Experience with coordination and delivery of communications strategies, messaging, audience targeting, media pitching, and other outreach.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using AP Style.
- Ability to articulate and solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations requiring expert level articulation, visualization, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Exceptional collaborative and flexible leadership skills; able to facilitate work effectively across diverse teams.