Tenaska is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, an organization that's adept in natural gas and power marketing, power management, development and acquisition of generation assets, operation of power plants and more.
The Manager, Credit Risk oversees a team of Credit Analysts who monitor TPS business activities to ensure adherence to credit and cash management policies and procedures. He/she will also be vital to establishing new customer relationships and negotiating credit terms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Credit Analysts and direct their work activities, including providing ongoing performance feedback and training
- Review analyst credit reviews and recommendations
- Assign requests and project tasks to team members.
- Guide and support team members with individual tasks as needed.
- Attend market meetings and market conference calls representing TPS and its customers.
- Monitor trading activity in relation to credit limits and contractual terms
- Assist Origination and Business Development team evaluating new business opportunities.
- Assist in contract negotiation and documentation
- In coordination with legal, review language and terms of credit support documents (letters of credit, guarantees, etc.)
- Update Power Tools Platform and Energy Credit Systems to ensure accuracy of data and reports
- Review and distribute credit risk reports
- Promote good communication and cooperation with other TPS departments
- Various other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or another related field and 5+ years relevant work experience; however, additional work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Advanced understanding of financial statement analysis
- Problem solving skills, ability to use logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches, distinguish trends and impacts, and identify causes and effects
- High experience level with Microsoft EXCEL, including creating and maintaining pivot tables and LOOKUP functions
- Basic knowledge of other Microsoft Windows applications (Word, Power Point, Access, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects and tasks
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with Independent System Operator (ISO) credit policies, procedures and working groups
- Prior experience in the wholesale and/or retail electricity industry
- Programming experience, particularly with VBA and/or C#
- Strong knowledge of industry standard master agreements (ISDA, EEI, NAESB) and associated credit provisions
- Prior experience managing employees, including providing career development opportunities and feedback
At Tenaska we care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families. That's why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits included below:
- Health, dental, vison, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Incentive-based, competitive salary packages
- Health/dependent care flex accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Adoption benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Charitable giving program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness programs
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.