Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Reporting directly to the CIO, this is a key leadership role within the organization which is responsible for all keep-the-lights-on operations including all IT infrastructure, operations, stores, and level 1&2 support of all non-eCommerce business applications. This leader will always challenge the status quo, live by, and instill in the team values of always executing with excellence and responsible leadership by being a good student of the business. They develop and lead a high-performing team responsible for modernizing while optimizing IT infrastructure and operations for flexibility, scale, and reliability. They will be responsible for all operations, design and engineering, capacity planning, service provisioning, disaster recovery, patch management, and vendor management.
- 4-year university degree required, MBA and/or graduate degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in managing IT Infrastructure and Operations required, preferably in a fast-paced business environment
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience in running a managed services environment is strongly preferred
- Experience managing support of business applications a plus
- 5+ years of progressive process improvement experience.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information concisely and make recommendations on strategies to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong project management, leadership, and negotiation skills needed.
- Strong skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Results orientation with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge required.
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap for all distributed and centralized IT infrastructure services, including Data Centers, Cloud, Networks, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Planning, Desktop, Help Desk(s), Internet (infrastructure and hosting), Voice, Video, and all mobile technologies.
- Own and manage the level 1 and level 2 support functions for all non-eCommerce business applications including merchandising, logistics, distribution centers, data warehouse, finance, HR, stores, etc.
- Own and manage the relationship with third-party managed services providers to ensure the highest level of services to business partners.
- Focus on building and mentoring a high-caliber team always striving to execute with excellence.
- Works with the Director of Security to strengthen Academy's overall cyber-risk posture through technology investments, patch management, process improvements, etc.
- Prepare and manage budget and operating plan for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain strong partnerships inside and outside the company that can bring best-in-class capabilities, technologies, and ideas to our business.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current Infrastructure features and trends and serve as the company expert in this space.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy as part of the leadership team and have an opinion on technology.
- Drive major projects to completion within budgeted timeframes and cost; operate openly and transparently with key stakeholders.
- Work with business and other stakeholders to build understanding, consensus, and alignment to ensure their infrastructure needs are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate levels
- Manages ITSM processes including Incident, Request, Problem, and Change processes efficiently and effectively.
- Set goals, evaluate metrics, and report progress toward these goals.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training within the department to develop and encourage team member performance.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including, but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.