Assistant Store Manager - Greater Philadelphia, PA
The GIANT Company is always seeking talent for our Salaried Management Teams. Our stores are located in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. Our family of brands include GIANT, MARTIN'S, GIANT Heirloom Market, GIANT Direct and MARTIN'S Direct. We are based in Carlisle, PA. If you are interested in applying please use the link for Apply to Job and be sure to include your geographic area of interest.
- Maximize sales through superior store conditions, competitive awareness, sales & merchandising programs, effective ordering and monitoring direct store deliveries.
- Control department labor dollars by ensuring effective scheduling and performance standards
- Control shrink/gross profit by ensuring proper product handling, receiving, pricing integrity and ordering
- Maintain clean, orderly, appealing and hazard free work areas and merchandising policies & procedures. Ensure a safe environment for customers and associates
- Ensure total store compliance with policies, procedures and laws as required by Federal, State or Municipal Law.
- Cultivate and maintain superior customer relations through polite and efficient handling of customer inquiries and complaints, attention to Associate appearance and behavior and maintaining service level standards.
- Foster harmonious Associate Relations with active listening to Associate concerns, as well as overseeing and participating in Associate selection, orientation, Training / Development, performance appraisal, counseling, recognition programs, service awards, etc.
- Perform total store management responsibilities as required.
- Manage, implement and maintain high standards of Food Safety and sanitation in all areas of the store to be in compliance with all Federal, State and company policies / procedures.
- Respond to incoming customer connection reports and ensure responses to all service issues.
- Maintain a friendly, professional and well organized image in all areas.
- Control the loss of Store money through proper handling of refunds, deposits, etc, while ensuring all applicable service/office personnel are trained.
- Oversee store payroll process to ensure accuracy and compliance. Troubleshoot payroll problems.
- Ensure efficient use of supplies: proper bagging techniques, cart control and laundry.
- Serve as custodian of store records including: store cash, grocery receiving, payroll and personnel.
- Supervise Fuel Stations
- Review work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements.
- Enter orders, schedules work/production, supervise and train Associates receive/stores/stocks items.
- Unload trucks with pallet jack, breakdown pallets and stack U boats. Stock store and verify store presentation.
Special Skills: Interpersonal skills, decision making, delegation, organization, leadership, coaching/counseling, conflict management, interviewing skills
Education: High School diploma; some college strongly preferred
Experience: 2-6 years retail grocery experience in various supermarkets departments
Specialized Knowledge: Register systems, bookkeeping, payroll, cash management system, labor controls, scheduling systems and personal computers. Knowledge of all Fresh and non-perishable departments, merchandising, human resources, federal, state and local municipal regulations
Education (Highest Level)
Full-Time (40 Hours)