Posted: Oct 24, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Would you like to contribute to one of the most compelling mobile applications? The Apple Maps Display team develops the rendering engines used by the Apple Maps app and hundreds of other applications. We are looking for an experienced Graphics Software Engineer to join the team which renders real-time views of the world on devices ranging from Apple Watch to Apple TV. This is an opportunity to shape how the world is rendered and have your work used by millions of people daily to search, explore, and navigate our world.
- Excellent design, coding, and debugging skills in C++
- Strong best practices (design patterns, algorithms) for designing and developing on a large codebase similar to a game engine
- Autonomously drive features from definition to shipment
- Knowledge of 3D math, the graphics pipeline and modern rendering techniques
- Experience with a modern graphics API (Metal, Vulkan, Direct3D 12) and shading language (MSL, HLSL/GLSL)
- CPU and GPU performance evaluation and optimization
- Good teamwork and communication skills
We are the Maps Display Team that is responsible for developing the industry-leading 3D experiences for Apple Maps and Apple developers! We are looking for talented engineers who are curious about the possibilities and passionate about building great products. As a member of the Maps Display Team, you will be working on ground-breaking technology to provide spectacular user-experiences across a range of uses and applications.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in computer vision, computer science, computer engineering and 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- While the following skills are not required, one or more of the below would be helpful in this role:
- - Experience solving problems in Computational Geometry
- - Experience working with graphics engines like Unreal/Unity/In-house
- - Experience with either DirectX/Vulkan/OpenGL/Metal
- - Experience developing AR/VR products
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.