Posted: Jan 24, 2023
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for excellence to work towards an extraordinary result? Envision what you could do here! At Apple, we believe new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! As a Firmware Engineer, you will be developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products.
- BS and 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Validated experience in firmware, device driver.
- Software development experience using C and assembly language, with ARM SoCs.
- FPGA development and test.
- Experience in developing low-level drivers and HW bring-up, using test tools and interacting with HW design teams.
- Exposure to multiple high-level programming languages, including C, C#, C++
- Experience using MS Visual Studio IDE, as well as (command line) gnu toolchain.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (git, Subversion).
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash/shell, Perl, Python, VBA)
- Bluetooth and WIFI experience preferred.
- Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments is also valuable.
- Proven track record to design and integrate code into a shipping product against ambitious timelines.
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills are essential. ICE/JTAG experience is preferred.
In this role you will be developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products. You will partner closely with various team members on activities ranging from processor sub-system design, algorithm development, firmware development to system debug, root cause analysis, and corrective action. From working with silicon team to crafting specifications for future chips, creating software to run on these new chips and boards and developing drivers for various IP blocks in embedded environments. Tasks will include working closely with design teams to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements; coding, debugging and hardware/software integration testing; and communicating results and recommendations.
Education & Experience
BS and 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $144,500 and $250,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.