Tenaska is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, an organization that's adept in natural gas and power marketing, power management, development and acquisition of generation assets, operation of power plants and more.
The Strategic Technology Data Science Intern will support the development of new analysis and prediction tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acquire and process market and operational data into proper form for machine learning and optimization algorithms to use.
- Improve automation of data acquisition, model training, and model testing processes in AWS and on-premise.
- Create reports and visualizations using various reporting tools.
- Develop strong Domain Knowledge regarding power markets.
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques and tools to solve business problems where needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Strong background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- General experience with Python and preferably other languages such as C, Java or C#. Experience with Numpy and Pandas Python libraries.
- Experience with use of various databases for storing and querying structured and non-structured data using SQL.
- Experience with data processing/ETL workflows
- Some understanding of optimization theory, along with related algorithms and tools.
- Experience with machine learning data preparation concepts (cross validation, folding, boosting, feature engineering) with clear understanding of time series related concerns.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and frameworks, such as PyTorch, XGBoost, LightGBM, etc.
- Experience with implementing and evaluating models to solve classification and regression tasks using models based on architectures like LSTM networks, CNNs, and GBDTs.
- Able to quickly learn necessary skills and information to be effective in position where necessary.
- Curious, inquisitive, creative and self-motivated with a passion for applied Machine Learning and optimization.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.