WHAT A DIFFERENCE
At Primrose, our mission -
to forge a path that leads to a brighter future for all children - is why we do what we do each day. It informs our who, what and how. Our belief that who children become is as important as what they know comes to life through our exclusive, research-informed approach to teaching and learning. We deliver more than a curriculum; we provide a life-changing early learning experience for children and their families.
We believe who you are is as important as what you know. While experience and knowledge are an important part of the success equation, who you are matters just as much. We treasure our relationships with Team Members, Franchise Owners and those we serve. Our commitment to diversity means we seek similarities and respect differences in our unique backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. We make every effort to ensure everyone feels they belong in our Primrose community.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The School Business Consultant (SBC) is responsible for advising and supporting Franchise Owners using a consultative approach to reach and exceed strategic goals and objectives and grow their business. The SBC establishes strong and successful business relationships with Franchise Owners to ensure the delivery of premier early education, trusted care, and service excellence. The successful SBC will display the ability to influence without authority and drive business results through strong business relationships, both with internal and external partners.
- Supports Franchise Owners in the execution of premier brand standards, developing and maintaining a business plan for continuous improvement, achievement of strategic occupancy goals and parent advocacy and satisfaction.
- Implements the Service Excellence Assurance process to validate and promote consistent brand standards and successful action item completion.
- Verifies the execution of Balanced Learning and develops continual improvement plans with Franchise Owners promoting early learning and well-being in collaboration with the School Excellence Education Team.
- Builds strong internal partnerships to ensure cross departmental collaboration to drive business results.
- Partners with Brand Management and the Field Marketing Team to coach and support Franchise Owners and MLBCs regarding the successful implementation of school marketing plans and national, local, and integrated marketing initiatives to increase conversions, enrollment, and quality staffing.
- Analyzes operational results and trends and proactively identifies schools/ markets where additional support and/ or differentiated strategies are required to achieve desired results.
- Facilitates Franchise Owner networking opportunities to address current strategic goals and objectives.
- Maintains first line of communication with Franchise Owners to ensure successful implementation of health and safety and other operational policies and procedures.
- Develops strong working relationships with vendors, state licensing agencies, and community contacts to help Franchise Owners achieve compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as well as Primrose Schools standards, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all reportable incidents and Primrose Cares concerns consulting with the Director of Regional Support when necessary.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We seek to build teams of individuals who maintain trusted relationships, demonstrate accountability, influence without authority, have a service mindset, agility, and curiosity. Our ideal candidate will possess a mix of the following skills and competencies:
- 5+ years' experience in multi-unit management
- Experience with multi-unit management, franchising, early childcare, etc.
- Firm understanding of State and National Accreditation and State Childcare Licensing rules and regulations preferred
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Business, or related field preferred
- Ability to tackle projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to manage time and multiple competing priorities while maintaining service excellence
- Proficiency in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Power Point, Word, and Excel
- Ability to navigate conflict and difficult conversations
- Knows how businesses work/ Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/ her business and organization/ Knows the competition/ Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge/ Has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits/ Can easily pose future scenarios/ Can think globally/ Can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully/ Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers/ Very bottom-lined oriented/ Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Uses his/ her time effectively and efficiently/ Values time/ Concentrates his/ her efforts on more important priorities/ Gets more done in less time than others/ Can attend to a broad range of activities
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all/ Can represent his/ her own interests and yet be fair to other groups/ Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise/ Is seen as a team player and is cooperative/ Easily gains trust and support of peers/ Encourages collaboration/ Can be candid with peers
WHAT YOU'LL GET
We offer competitive pay and the opportunity for EVERYONE to earn commission and/or bonuses based on company and personal performance. We demonstrate our commitment to children and families with 50% tuition reimbursement for up to three children at any of our Primrose schools and a flexible work environment. Full-time team me